Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

please sign this petition

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BlackCat2008

[URL=]"http:/animalsavoirs.org/"[/URL]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭animalcrazy

If never seen America on a Trocaire box.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

If never seen America on a Trocaire box.

Oh sweet innocence :rolleyes:

The US of A is the country that has given the animal world such lovely things like cat de-clawing and dog de-barking (i.e ripping out cats' claws and cutting dogs' vocal chords) among other things.

Plus it's also a country that has even higher annual pet kill rates than this quaint old island.

But yes, by all means let's sign that useless petition and get all hot under the collar about "those people from Asia" and then continue to watch tens of thousand of dogs and cats get killed here every year while we ponder if we should get our cat de-clawed or not ...after all that new furniture was just so expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭fits

Innocence or ignorance?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

fits wrote: »
    Innocence or ignorance?

I'm dyslexic ...looks the same to me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

I think there is a difference between skinning an animal alive for it's fur, and a dog being put down in a shelter.

Obviously, both are not good, but they cannot be considered to even be in the same league when it comes to animal rights and cruelty.

animalcrazy does seem a bit naive. But that doesn't negate the point of this thread, which is to highlight a cruel practice. Even if it makes little or no difference it is doing no harm, which cannot be said for the people who are skinning these animals.

There are already lots of topics about this country, and the obscene amount of animals that are being put down and treated cruelly. A topic like this one is always bound to bring out extreme views on both sides of the argument, but I don't think anyone can condone or even ignore what is going on in some countries, even our own.

peasant wrote: »
    and then continue to watch tens of thousand of dogs and cats get killed here every year while we ponder if we should get our cat de-clawed or not ...after all that new furniture was just so expensive.

Big difference between an animal being humanely put to sleep then one having it's skin ripped off while still awake and alive.

fits wrote: »
    Innocence or ignorance?

Not wanting to visit a place where animals skin is ripped off it's body while an animal is in terrible pain is ignorant?

And turning a blind eye and going anyway isn't?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Taiwanlight

If the link can be made to work (I've tried) I'll sign. You have to start somewhere and I know from other petitions and emails I've signed with Amnesty that they can get governments to act and just maybe individuals to think about their actions. 'The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step' which coincidentally is a Chinese saying.
    As for cruelty against animals in other places well, I presume people there are also fighting against it. Nothing quite compares with the horrific practices in parts of Asia (cultural not racial criticism) And yes, some Chinese people are fighting against this too.

Advertisement