Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Some utter lunatics driving - 2 stories.

Options
  • 16-08-2008 6:56pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Both Limerick city.

1/. Friday evening. Bridge St. I was in heavy traffic going straight on at a traffic lights. 1st car in queue. Traffic was not moving so i didn't enter the junction. A car about 4 or 5 back from me pulled out, overtook several cars and then me and then turned 90 degrees left (onto Nicholas St)! :eek:

2/. Saturday 11am. I was again stopped at a traffic light (Punches Cross leaving town). I saw a car flying up behind me, and quickly realised it had no hope of stopping before impact as it began to skid on the wet surface. I scanned the junction and thankfully it was quiet, and moved maybe 12 feet forward and to the right. Offending car skidded to a halt in the middle of the junction, and then revved up, wheelspan again and broke the light. I saw the occupants. Utter scobes.

Unbelievable stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I was up in the big Shmoke last week, was queueing to turn right at traffic lights, car flew up on my inside and sharply turned right, cutting me off. I beeped, car just sped off.
    The Gardai who were stopped waiting to turn left on the opposite side of the road didn't do anything, I put my hands in the air as if to say "WHAT THE FECK?!" they just sat there.

There's no way they could have missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Absolute nut jobs out there.

Going to work the other morning driving behind a passat this fella firstly under took a car in the bus lane, and then back into the normal lane, only to come to traffic and undertake about 50-60 cars in the bus lane again.

Again the other night two lads racing down the dublin road in an alfa and ...(can't remember), undertaking over taking heading towards the parkway. Near misses many times. Both scumbags.

Some fella today pulled out of a shop i was in in a 90's 3 series only to burn the **** out of the tyres, before flying up the road in first.

I was behind a fella in Passat coming back from Adare today on the start of the carrage way where it's one lane, he couldn't wait to go and tail gated the rent a car in front flashing his lights. Eventually BEFORE it broke into two lanes, the rent a car pulled into the hard shoulder to leave him pass. I met him then at the round about by the South Court.

There's a lot of dodgey, impatient drivers out there. It's shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

I was behind a fella in Passat coming back from Adare today on the start of the carrage way where it's one lane, he couldn't wait to go and tail gated the rent a car in front flashing his lights. Eventually BEFORE it broke into two lanes, the rent a car pulled into the hard shoulder to leave him pass.

Eventually?

Why would someone stay out in the main lane for so long if they could have let him go earlier and saved themselves the stress of having a nutjob tailgating them?

I ain't saying the guy is right to tailgate, and he does sound like a lunatic, but why put yourself through it when you've got a hard shoulder to let him go off and meet a nice ditch down the road? :confused:

Eventually?

Why would someone stay out in the main lane for so long if they could have let him go earlier and saved themselves the stress of having a nutjob tailgating them?

I ain't saying the guy is right to tailgate, and he does sound like a lunatic, but why put yourself through it when you've got a hard shoulder to let him go off and meet a nice ditch down the road? :confused:

The hard shoulder wasn't there for the first part, he was behind him since the roundabout just before the start of the carrageway if u know it. I just thought he was over reacting a bit as they were keeping to the speed limit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Eventually?

Must say that I had a bid of a dodgy situation overtaking outside Mallow last Sunday on the way to Killarney. traffic moving at 55-60 in the 100 zone, was a CLK, Almera and camper in front of me with no sign of anyone overtaking I went for it. Almost didn't have enough room as there was a Yaris in front of the camper holding it up and when I passed was blinded by the bint's full beams. I know it was a Sunday, but there's no need for driving like that (mine or theirs really)

ninty9er wrote: »
    in front of the camper holding it up and when I passed was blinded by the bint's full beams.)

I saw a fella over taking quite close to the brow of a hill lately, and to make his day just as he was in line the the car he was over taking a transit came over the hill. Fair enough he was in the wrong, but the transit had a bull bar with about 6 lights + his full beams and turn them on (maybe to alert the driver:confused:) but i can only imagine this blinded the fella overtaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭bwardrop

Saw a young guy in a E36 light up the rears and get the tail out big style leaving a petrol station recently... He was turning right out of the petrol station to head back into town and crossed both lanes with his stunt.

I was on my bike, also heading into town and had to swerve to avoid getting clipped. There were also a group of kids leaving the astroturf pitch across the road from the petrol station after soccer practice.

Had he lost it, it could have been nasty. I regularly see guys around Waterford (usually in their sweet twin cams ;)) sliding their cars around, but this was the single dumbest & most reckless move I have seen on the roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

The hard shoulder wasn't there for the first part, he was behind him since the roundabout just before the start of the carrageway if u know it. I just thought he was over reacting a bit as they were keeping to the speed limit.

I think I know the road you mean, I suppose its a bit off the rails to expect it of someone when they've no room to let you go. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I think I know the road you mean, I suppose its a bit off the rails to expect it of someone when they've no room to let you go. :(

Sure the dual carriageway is only a few mins away. I've overtaken slow traffic after the dual carriageway coming into Adare but coming out of Adare is a bit extreme TBH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I'm a nutjob in a car. True story.

Advertisement