Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Bag of Sticks playing tonight

Options
  • 16-08-2008 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭

Hi all.
    Big Bag of Sticks are playing in Campbell's of Cloughanover tonight. Well worth checking out:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

whats a Cloughanover?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Are they playing anywhere else in the future. I haven't heard them in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

sgthighway wrote: »
    Are they playing anywhere else in the future. I haven't heard them in years.
    Yes. They'll be playing at the village hall stage at the Electric Picnic on the sunday evening. An off-shoot of the band, Queen Elvis are playing there too on the Friday evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭fruitbat

I thought they became the Inflatable Sideshow?

Are they playing anywhere in Galway? This is the band with Gus, Caroline & Colin?

• Advertisement

fruitbat wrote: »
    I thought they became the Inflatable Sideshow?
    Yes, a few of them did. The vocalist, Caroline and the guitarist, Col, went on to form Queen Elvis

Are they playing anywhere in Galway? This is the band with Gus, Caroline & Colin?
    It's Col and Caroline. Nothing planned before the Electric Picnic. i'll keep you posted on gigs through this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Missed this :(
    Hopefully catch them at the Picnic..
    How did the gig go? Heard Tin Soldier (little tin soldier?) were support, how was that?

inisboffin wrote: »
    Missed this :(
    Hopefully catch them at the Picnic..
    How did the gig go? Heard Tin Soldier (little tin soldier?) were support, how was that?
    Tin Soldier were good enough, a bit rough about the edges but I really liked their instrumental stuff

Roll on Picnic!
    I am working it after all, so will be in the middle of all the Galway camp madness.
    Maybe see some of ye there.

• Advertisement

Sorry for digging up this post but does anybody know when/where these might be playing again? Thanks

Sorry for digging up this post but does anybody know when/where these might be playing again? Thanks

It could be a good while as they only get together rarely now. However, I'll let everyone know if there is a gig coming up

Will ya text me too GB, in case I get to boards 2 hours too late again? :)
    When I saw thread thought I'd missed them AGAIN! Was at a deadly Niceol Blue gig at BK's tho :D

inisboffin wrote: »
    Will ya text me too GB, in case I get to boards 2 hours too late again? :)
    When I saw thread thought I'd missed them AGAIN! Was at a deadly Niceol Blue gig at BK's tho :D
    I sure will. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭buzz55

They are playing Sunday 31st in Galway, free gig as part of the Volvo Stopover :D

By the way, anyone know if they sing a song with lyrics something along the lines of 'yo yo you, mentally paranoid, yo yo yo, don't bother me'?? Heard that song around the same time as I used to listen to BBOS back in the nineties, but can't remember name of the song or what album it might be on - its driving me mad, please help!

buzz55 wrote: »
    They are playing Sunday 31st in Galway, free gig as part of the Volvo Stopover :D

By the way, anyone know if they sing a song with lyrics something along the lines of 'yo yo you, mentally paranoid, yo yo yo, don't bother me'?? Heard that song around the same time as I used to listen to BBOS back in the nineties, but can't remember name of the song or what album it might be on - its driving me mad, please help!
    They are down for two gigs on the official programme which is incorrect. They are playing at 7.30 on the Topaz stage.
    The song you're referring to is Mentally Paralysed. I don't think its on any of the albums unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

DRakE wrote: »
    whats a Cloughanover?

For future reference, its a pub/venue out near Headford.
    Kippy

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭buzz55

That's the one, mentally paralysed is it? Thought it was paranoid but its been quite a while since I've heard it.
    Can't find any sign of it on the albums though, sadly :(

kippy wrote: »
    For future reference, its a pub/venue out near Headford.
    Kippy

It's the name of the area/crossroads near the pub actually:D
    The venue in questions being Campbells.

Roll on 7.30 tonight. Its gonna be a cracker of a gig!

• Advertisement
Advertisement