Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb metro home

Options
  • 16-08-2008 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Firstly, I'm technologically challenged so bear with me. I have just got this package but I want to know how to find out if it is really this package and not the value one on my laptop. How can I check this out and how can I find my traffic quota?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

to see how much you have used (Digiweb users only):
    http://mytraffic.digiweb.ie/

To see speed (Digiweb users only):
    http://speedtest.digiweb.ie/

My metro just now:
    Last Result:
    Download Speed: 13787 kbps (1723.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Upload Speed: 1339 kbps (167.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Latency: 50 ms

I'm not involved with sales or installs, but I presume the installer gave you a copy of some paper work and you have some email /paperwork to do with payment?

It's very automated. Pretty much what you pay decides your package. If in doubt email/ring sales or support.

Speeds:
    METRO VALUE 3000kbps

METRO HOME 6000kbps

METRO XTRA 10000bps

If you are MORE than 3000kbps and up to 6000kbps, then you are on Metro Home.

It's up to 6Mbps. Most of the time close but it could drop somewhat at peak times.

Download, Upload and Quota here: http://www.digiweb.ie/home/metro/

Your Cap/Quota is TOTAL traffic, everything, not just explicit downloads. If there is unexplained traffic when computer is on and you are not using it, investigate for Spam/bot trojans etc.

We added a Dlink ethernet Router + WiFi and got unexplained traffic 1am to 3am. Enormous peaks :) Someone watching video late at night. examining time/dates on the PCs cache folders revealed the culprit :D

Also make sure any WiFi you add is long random WPA AES PSK to avoid strangers using up your Internet or you getting blame for their misdemeanours.

A DSL router/Wifi (one with DSL built in) won't work. You need an ethernet router. Argos & Maplin call the ethernet routers with no built in modem, cable routers. www.dabs.ie calls them (dsl/Cable) and www.komplett.ie calls them routers. They are available with 4 ethernet ports and one extra ethernet port to the modem and WiFi is optional.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Neecod

Download Speed: 2135 kbps (266.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Upload Speed: 53 kbps (6.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Latency: 98 ms

This is what I got? I'm thinking thats the value pack. I ordered the home one. The only paperwork I got was a booklet with a reference number.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Neecod wrote: »
    Download Speed: 2135 kbps (266.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Upload Speed: 53 kbps (6.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Latency: 98 ms

This is what I got? I'm thinking thats the value pack. I ordered the home one. The only paperwork I got was a booklet with a reference number.
    ouch

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

The upload speed is wrong. Contact support.

Advertisement