Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice Please

Options
  • 16-08-2008 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,

I am going mad!! moved over from the uk a couple of years ago, moved to Kerry love it. However one way or another I have not spent too much time in Kerry.... I now have been here almost three years and have no friends I live near Listowel and looking for clubs etc I could join to make some any ideas. I am not looking for a boyfriend by the way I am married!!

Thanks a mill
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

There is a Listowel thread in this forum, maybe you should try there first. If you don't have any success there, please post back. I'm sure that myself and a few other girls on the Tralee tread can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

essexgirl wrote: »
    Hi,

I am going mad!! moved over from the uk a couple of years ago, moved to Kerry love it. However one way or another I have not spent too much time in Kerry.... I now have been here almost three years and have no friends I live near Listowel and looking for clubs etc I could join to make some any ideas. I am not looking for a boyfriend by the way I am married!!

Thanks a mill
    :)
    What sort of things are you into?Im sure the listowel people will sort you out....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭edgesgirl

listowel ain't a million miles away from tralee. loads of clubs and things round the place. not to mention 1 or 2 pubs! welcome though:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

Night classes are a great way to meet folk. The secondary school here in Ballyb will be running them soon (as soon as summer is over), and Im sure Listowel and Tralee will have the same.

Also, the Tintéan Theater here is always looking for volunteers to help out whenever there is a show, and the drama group will be starting rehersals for a new play in a month or so, if you fancy going on stage.

There is a community centre here that is always looking for adults to help with the Friday afterschool club (for teens).

Like prev poster said, what are you into?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 essexgirl

My biggest problem is that i work shift work and its very unpredicable, i work mainly in Clare and its a nightmare to book classes etc because i might only be able to turn up for half of them as I know my shifts only week to week. In England I used to be in St Johns Ambulance or I joined a paranormal club (sounds a bit weird but it was great fun!!) so any suggestions are welcome, I do like going out for a drink but not all the time so would love to join a local group or something thanks for the advice so far x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭edgesgirl

have you thought about civil defence? they meet a few times a week so i'm sure you'd find something to work for you. i know in tralee they are based at the fire station not too sure bout anywhere else though.

Advertisement