Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The quarter tonne

Options
  • 16-08-2008 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭

I won't be starting a training journal but just want to record a milestone/achievement. I just deadlifted 250 kg for the first time, this has been a goal for a good while. I weighed 82 kg, used a narrow sumo stance, a mixed grip, chalk but no belt.

That is all :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Over 2.5 years later and only now have I gotten out of the 250s. 260 kg wide stance sumo deadlift tonight. Mixed grip (right under, left over), chalk, no belt, BW 78 kg.

Pleased with myself :)

262.5 kg tonight, not a big improvement on my previous best but I'm now 75 kg which is nearly half a stone less. Sumo stance, no belt, left hand over, right hand under

262.5/75 = 3.5 times bodyweight which is something I've aspired to for a long time ever since reading Bryce Lane's table
    http://www.ironsports.tv/hwgdami.htm

Deadlift
    1.5x BW = Nutin' to be ashamed of …
    2.0x BW = Fit Guy
    2.75x BW = Animal
    3.5x BW = Holy S**t!!

265 kg @ 75 kg new PR tonight. Left under, right over.

Have been doing lots of heavy singles recently with 245-260 kg, deadlifting nearly every day :D but with extremely low volume per session. Grip changed over from one session to the next.

Also have been doing lots of shovel deadlifts in the 2-5 rep range which IMO help the deadlift.

Advertisement