Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Embarrassing help need - breasts different sizes

Options
  • 16-08-2008 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi girls, this is a really sensitive subject and have thought really long and hard about posting a thread, but finally i've thought what the heck. My breasts are completely different sizes and through the years i've managed to get away with only close friends and my partner knowing by using chicken fillets etc. Surgery is an option and something I will have once i've finished having kids, have two and we would like another so will wait until after dat, but im finding myself very very self conscious now and am going on holidays in two weeks and will yet again have to dorn a swimsuit!!

Up until now i've managed to get away with it with black swim suits, covering up, hiding away in the background :) etc, however going on a family holiday to trabolgan this year (yes ditching the sun for once) and am finding myself very anxious and nervous that it will be very noticable (sagging after second child :o) - can anyone help or advise me on where maybe i can buy swim suits with inserts for chicken fillets or has anyone or is anyone suffering or now of anyone with a situtation like mine.

Would love to hear from any girls out there who knows how im feeling.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

if theres a major difference in size you caould try a shop that specializes in bras and swimsuits for people who've had mastectomies, as id imagine a fair few of them would be using fillets.
    i know theres at least one such place in the country, but i dont have the details, you could try googling it
    good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭shaz00

Hi, thanks for dat, ill try dat - had thought along those lines just trying to see am i alone out there!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

shaz00, would their be a significant difference or is it more something you notice yourself?

How about getting a bra/swimsuit that has those pouches for putting in extra padding in them? You could put a chicken fillet in one and not the other? Maybe you could even sew the chicken fillet into one side? Sorry if none of this helps.

My left boob is a little bigger than my right one but nothing major. As far as I'm aware there is no woman who has identical boobs so you're definitely not alone.

A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Quite often the left will be bigger than the right, as there is more of a blood flow on the left side due to the heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

My right is bigger than my left! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

There's a shop near DIT on Aungier St. in Dublin that sells mastectomy products, I have no idea what their range is like though because I've only ever seen their shop window. I think there's somewhere similar on Talbot St. too. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

SNAP!!!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Me too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭shaz00

Aw thanks a million for dat - i have looked for swim suits with pouches but just can't seem to find any anywhere. There is a fairly big difference, big enough to be noticed, wasn't so bad before i had my two kids but sagging isnt' helping :-)

I was kinda embarrassed to visit a mascetamy shop but think at this stage ill brave it and go!

Great to know im not alone out there! thanks all

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Im uneven but small anyway so i brazen it out. If people notice they dont say, and ive got that i dont care. But a friend who had a full mastectomy used sew a prosthetic into her suit. Before she did that it used dislodge, so its prob the best plan. Good luck and happy hols :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement