Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Those secret things you eat but know you shouldnt

2»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Soft cheese. It's dangerous if I'm feeling hungry and lazy. I can go through a whole round of Camembert in an evening. Just on its own, no bread or crackers. Oh and I don't eat the rind either but that's more about having a weird thing about the mould on it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

Minder wrote: »
    Are those the same crispy findus pancakes where the filling magically turns into lava after 15 minutes in the oven - the ones where you always, without fail burn the roof off you mouth trying to eat them;)

They should come with a warning. I was eating one of them and watching TV at the same time a few years ago when the filling fell out onto my chest. I had a blister the size of a 10c coin for nearly a week :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭coffee to go

I've never been brave enough to try one, but I might do before I die - A 'Shame Stick'. i.e. A pound of butter dipped in icing sugar and eaten. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Cathal01

Ponster wrote: »
    Fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches.

Every one I eat takes another year of my life...

Elvis lives!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I've never been brave enough to try one, but I might do before I die - A 'Shame Stick'. i.e. A pound of butter dipped in icing sugar and eaten. :eek:

And I'd say it may very likely be the actual cause of your death!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

Reading the thread on brown bread reminded me that when I was younger I used to love drinking buttermilk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Reading the thread on brown bread reminded me that when I was younger I used to love drinking buttermilk.
    Nothing unusual about that .. it's quite a common thing in the Netherlands too. You'll find glasses of it along with 'ordinary' milk in most company canteens at lunchtime which is fine if you know about it, but comes as a bit of a shock if you've grabbed a glass of what you think is plain milk and take your first 'gulp'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I can't see me ever eating an icing-sugar-covered pound of butter, but I will admit to ordering deep fried brie or a baked camembert with cranberry if I see them on a menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭cabra64

M&S white choc chip cookies. Bought 4 with the view to sharing them out once i got home. I wolfed them down in the space of half hour over two sweet cups of tea. Delicious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

cabra64 wrote: »
    M&S white choc chip cookies. Bought 4 with the view to sharing them out once i got home. I wolfed them down in the space of half hour over two sweet cups of tea. Delicious.

I used to go through a 5 pack a few times a week while I was in college. They are the sex.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

I can't see me ever eating an icing-sugar-covered pound of butter, but I will admit to ordering deep fried brie or a baked camembert with cranberry if I see them on a menu.

1/2 lb of butter dipped in icing sugar sounds more like an endurance test than an indulgence...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Minder wrote: »
    1/2 lb of butter dipped in icing sugar sounds more like an endurance test than an indulgence...

That's pretty much what I used to each when I ate the butter icing, although the butter and the icing were mixed together!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

God I LOVE raw sausage meat! Making the sausage meat stuffing at Xmas in an endurance test for me cos I constantly want to stuff it in my gob!

I adore sausage and marmalade sambo's and that tinned macaroni cheese too...mmmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I used to eat raw black pudding. Loved it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Mushy peas on bread :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Alun wrote: »
    those Fray Bentos Steak and Kidney pies in the tins (yes, I know :) )

Oh jesus, my dad used to make us eat those. Gross, I hated them. There used to be a layer of fat left on the roof of your mouth afterwards:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

Potatoes, tin of peas and Denny steak and kidney pie....get two days' dinners out of that for god knows how little.

Must be one of the cheapest dinners you can make.

Disgraceful eating i know, but we used to have to share one pie between five as kids.

To eat a half (or whole one, god forgive me) seems like such a treat to my adult eyes!!!!

PS - must be Denny and must be steak and kidney :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Mines

I used to eat spanish chorizo sausage (the one from pamplona which has a sweet taste) in a toast with chocolate spread.

The combination of sweet and salty it's just grand.

Yummy

BTW I love raw pudding too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

The clear jelly that you get on ham - used to get loads of it in the aul tins, but haven't seen them since my childhood.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jota

salty tomatoes, just on their own.

when i´m hungover, a bit bowl of shredded iceberg lettuce coated in mayonaise and looooaaads of salt.

ice cubes.

banana and mayonaise sandwiches. mmmmmm

• Advertisement
Advertisement