Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike trailer for children - any advice?

Options
  • 16-08-2008 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi there, I have been looking at some bike trailers today. I want to carry a 4 year old and a 17 month old together on the school run. I will also be marshalling a 6 year old on his own bike. The salesperson today tried to talk me out of it, in case I would have a lot of kerbs to go up and down! I have thought about my route, it is 2.5kms, and a lot of it will not be on the road, I will have a college campus and a park to cross, so I am pretty happy with this. I will also have two lollipop ladies to help me on the way! Does anyone else do this and should I be thinking about anything else? I would like to get it during the week and have a few trial runs before school starts, thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭emty

I think 17 months is far too early to start school!:).I have seen trailers that are covered which would be suitable but that was in the U.S.I'm sorry I can't be of more help ,but I would like to wish you luck with your search,I think its a great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭face2face

Thanks Emty! Why wait I say? Hopefully he will be out working by the time he is 10!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭FergusF

There are some child trailer reviews on the Bikeradar website. It's a UK website, but I am sure most of the models would be available in Ireland also, via your local bike shop or the internet.

It sounds like your route would be doable, best of luck with it.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭rp

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭face2face

Thanks for all those replies. Got one and took it out yesterday, all went very well, so see you on the way to school next week!

• Advertisement
Advertisement