Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mayhem in johns street

• 16-08-2008 9:59pm
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know whats after happening in near the taxi rank on John's street, my brother just texted me a pic message and place is full of squad cars and there is atleast one car with damage done to it. Someone also mentioed to him that there was a gun shot heard. Whats our city turning in to?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

Just witnessed horrific scene outside Kentucky, a collision where driver of one car repeatedly rammed the other. Anybody know what it was all about?

Cops & special branch there now.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Any reason as to why you did not post this in the existing thread which was opened before you posted this.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055357360

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I have heard from someone working in that part of the town that a Garda has been shot outside the Kazbar. I was working in at the other end of the town and we had to stop travellers into the bar before they finally went back up to the Johns Town area.

Posted from my phone, your post went out as I was typing. Well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well Jebus if its true. WLR won't be telling as they go INN until sometime tomorrow.

Mike.

• Advertisement

Tanabe wrote: »
    Posted from my phone, your post went out as I was typing. Well done.

Partly guessed that after I posted. Sorry about that. I sure sully will be on later to merge them both anyhow. Any update down there by the way.

All of Johns St is now blocked off. I'm now beginning to doubt that it's a Garda that's been shot because I would have heard every single siren in the South East go past my door, but the the entire area is blocked off so something drastic must have happened.

AdMMM wrote: »
    All of Johns St is now blocked off.
    Well something serious must be after going down so

Aquos76 wrote: »
    .....Any update down there by the way.

Might have to ask Matt Keane for that:D

Well all I can say is that both cars were speeding through traffic lights past Muldoons where I could hear the screeching of breaks and they both collided, but the driver of one car repeatedly reversed and continued to ram the other, driving him up onto the foothpath where Taxis park. Didn't hear any gunshots but that's not to say there weren't any. Gardai arrested somebody who was in Centra shortly afterwards. Don't know about driver of other car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

AdMMM wrote: »
    All of Johns St is now blocked off. I'm now beginning to doubt that it's a Garda that's been shot because I would have heard every single siren in the South East go past my door, but the the entire area is blocked off so something drastic must have happened.
    **** I was just thinking of going out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 collywolly123

oh my god thats madness!! so glad im not heading out tonight...

I think I'm going to the forum anyway, doubt there'll be much trouble up there!

Was it pikeys?

Were they nice cars?

Actually now that I read through this, a taxi driver told me that when he was coming through Farran Park, there were two cars chasing each other and sped through numerous red lights. When he rang the Gardaí he was told that they were looking for those two cars. Perhaps it's connected?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭Mini

What is this town turning in to? Crazy place.

Any one have any other news on what happened?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

What I heard so far from the lads I work with ...

- They think 3 men were armed, one ran into Centra and another into the Kazbar.

- 'Fellas wit guns, cars crashn in2each uthr, paddy wagons n fire brigades.'

- Heard that a Garda was knocked down on the Cork Road

- Reports of gunshots in the area

Sounds likely. A BMW & Astra were the two cars involved.

Lots of conflicting reports it seems. I'm heading down that way in a few minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Fredser

Walked by about an hour ago (10.20pm).

There was a crashed old looking Opel Vectra on one side of the road near K-Recipe with major damage to the side and a crashed new model BMW on the middle of the road with less damage.

No crime scene cordoned off so doubt any shooting happened there.

F

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭spockpower

i got a text from a mate that works in coney island saying that there are gunshots fired outside the kazbar:eek::eek:

this is really getting out of hand now:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I think I'll wait for the fog of war to clear.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Fredser wrote: »
    Walked by about an hour ago (10.20pm).

There was a crashed old looking Opel Vectra on one side of the road near K-Recipe with major damage to the side and a crashed new model BMW on the middle of the road with less damage.

No crime scene cordoned off so doubt any shooting happened there.

F

Yeah it was a late 90's or early 00's Vectra, and an 08 Lexus IS... Loads of cops and detectives around.

On the WLR news at 11 they said that a car sped up John's street and repeatadly crashed and reversed into another car. (I assume it was the lexeus crashing into the vectra but i don't know.) They said shots were fired and the gardai made multiple arrests. Apparently they were going into the pubs and clubs looking for people. No sign of any drivers or passangers at the scene when i was down there around half ten

Anyone else heading down for a look?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

would i be wrong in guessing that its our friendly traveller friends at it again ???

What? Do people in this town blame everything on travellers? That is complete discrimination, these people are never given fair treatment!

Ha of course I'm joking, I would certainly say its them alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 collywolly123

apparently a young man is after hanging himself over kilbarry site tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Fredser

apparently a young man is after hanging himself over kilbarry site tonight.

This could be unrelated - but I was at the A&E at the hospital this evening at about 8PM and there were approximately 50-60 very upset looking traveller folk outside...

F

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

jaysus this place is gone mental altogether

Anyone hearing any reports of the garda dying? Someone said that it's being reported on the radio but i'm in town now so don't know.

• Advertisement

there has been another car set a light in crystal court Kilcohen tonight also.

Advertisement