Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mayhem in johns street

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Looking around, it doesn't look like anyone was shot. No area is closed now and town looks busy. Big garda presence but that's it, no forensics or anything like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

ill listen to newstalk and report after 12 if there is anything about it on there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Do WLR have a news at 12?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Odd. I guess people didnt read the charter.

Must have been the travellers - sure who else would bash into Garda cars, shot people and cause mayhem? Aye, only travellers do that sorta thing sure aint the rest of us citizens of da law boy? Aye.

CantGetNoSleep banned for one week for acting the maggot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The towen is going to hell and WLR have a Late Night Larry wittering on.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

nothing on either newstalk or radio1 unless it was the first news item on radio1, I missed that one.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mike65; Careful now :p Its a City!

Ya Waterford is gone to crap. Its heading exactly like Limerick and it just seems lawless. Its scary to live here, nevermind ask people to visit.

I was mimmiking my niece, she is going to have a real Watterfud accent. :D

Mike.

Having seen the two cars in question and the aftermath, it looked like an unsual car crash. The Opel was in ****e. It got a fair slap. The other car (an 08, looked new) had some minor damage to the side. We couldnt make out what happend since both cars had the sides damaged, and Guards were just blocking entry.

The large presense is standard around this time, bar the checkpoints in the invidual estates and extra squad cars driving around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

Sully wrote: »
    Mike65; Careful now :p Its a City!

Ya Waterford is gone to crap. Its heading exactly like Limerick and it just seems lawless. Its scary to live here, nevermind ask people to visit.

only sections of limerick are gone to crap, you cant paint the whole place with the same brush man !! come on you should know the drill by now ....lol

• Advertisement

Paddy wagon was shot at. Fun times. This is going to be a busy night for taxi drivers anyway!

I guess the Chamber of Commerce could think about promoting Waterford as place for thriller seekers and terror-tours a la Belfast, Beirut etc.

Mike.

Merged the two topics on the one issue together..

Topic Merged.

I'll be interested to hear the truth of what happened when it finally emerges! There's so much hearsay that it's almost impossible to make heads or tails of it!

The forum is starting to fill up anyway, so the trouble doesn't seem to be affecting things too much. Town also looked to be busy.

I'm just going to go enjoy my night anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

mike65 wrote: »
    .....WLR have a Late Night Larry wittering on.

Mike.

Nothing new there then:rolleyes:

I happened to pass by Cork Road area having witnessed the earlier incident in John Street and Gardai had two cars pulled in @ entrance of Social Welfare offices. They were checking ID of the young lads who were present in both vehicles. Somebody mentioned earlier that there was a guard knocked down here?

A lot of incidents occurring in Waterford City tonight by the looks of things, you really would have had to have seen what happened @ Johns Street to believe it. Miracle nobody was killed.

So much hearsay it's hard to make heads or tails of it. Will be interesting to hear the truth when it finally emerges!

I'm just going to try enjoy my night. The forum seems busy enough so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

Sully wrote: »
    Merged the two topics on the one issue together..

Topic Merged.

Cheers Sully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Just home from work now, f**kin hell! I had just opened the pub and 5 mins later this all happened. It was scary to watch. They were just repeatedly reversing and ramming the other car. One guy got out of the rammed car and ran into Centra (apparently claiming someone was trying to shoot him) and eventually two more men got out and ran up towards Kazbar. The other car tried to follow them but the traffic stopped them so they got out and chased them on foot. I didn't hear any shoots because I had to go back inside but a taxi driver told me shots were fired outside Kazbar.

Worst thing is, a stag party of about ten fellas came in and they had seen all this. They were asking if it was a regular occurrence etc. What are these lads gonna say to their friends now when they go home?

Ah, the old elusive 6-F shift! Oh how I hate it!

I didn't learn anything new tonight, but I talked to the taxi driver on the way home and he said that things were quiether than usual around town, but at the same time lots of people were getting taxis!

I reckon if things like this keep happening, Bob Tweedy himself will go to the halting sites and put and end to it all because he undoubtedly lost business tonight!

What I know from the night:

- Two cars spotted chasing each other through the Farran Park area towards town and speeding through red lights.

- Two cars crashing into one another outside the Kentucky in John's St.

- Occupants of the car fleeing to various establishments nearby

- Shot's fired outside the Kazbar

- Garda Van full of bullet holes outside of Kazbar

- Taxis outside the Rapid Cabs office targeted for refusing the take travellers as passengers.

- Several members (around 6) of the travelling community walk towards a central hotel where they're refused entry and walk back towards town. Gardai arrive shortly after and set off in persuit of them.

I have heard of further burnt out cars and other events but haven't spoken to anyone else about them so I don't want to say something happened when it didn't.

That's all that I know happened. I

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

wow if the Guards think the pressure was bad from those shots fired, well its really going to be on now from this. The public will be demanding action and fast.

• Advertisement

Someone who I am I close with has been acting as an intermediary between the families involved in the feud and has said that after tonight, no amount of diplomacy can resolve this now and that it's purely a law and order issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

does anyone know what the fued was about in the first place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭spothediference

ye was in d kazbar 2nite,2 fellas came in saying hide us hide us their goin to shoot us,bouncers said no way but the 2 lads freaked and wouldnt leave so 1 of the bar staff brought them up stairs,then the guards and special branch arrived at which point myself and my mate did a runner:confused:didnt hear any shots -not to say there wasnt,mad stuff.

It all initially erupted because of a bare knuckle boxing fight where the losing family failed for pay up. While it was initially a fracas over a few grand, it has now escalated into a situation where people have lost their lives to it and therefore money is no longer the problem, it's pride and whatever else the families consider being important.

AdMMM wrote: »
    It all initially erupted because of a bare knuckle boxing fight where the losing family failed for pay up. While it was initially a fracas over a few grand, it has now escalated into a situation where people have lost their lives to it and therefore money is no longer the problem, it's pride and whatever else the families consider being important.
    but what happens when an innocent member of the public is seriously hurt or even killed as could have been the case 2nite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

Taxi driver told us on the way in there was definitely shots fired. People scattering all over the place to hide. stuck to the forum and got me food in ballybricken meself :p

Interesting, I probably saw you out so :).

I got a taxi home, but ended up walking back into town to get food lol

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

It's a disgrace if they weren't knackers would they get away with as much?

It's a disgrace if they weren't knackers would they get away with as much?
    in a word no

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Anon0000

AdMMM wrote: »
    Paddy wagon was shot at. Fun times. This is going to be a busy night for taxi drivers anyway!

If your talking about the holes in the passenger door its actually a funny story- the lads who were meant to fit the steel frame over the window got the measurements wrong and the wagon ended up with the holes in the wrong place and hasnt been fixed yet as the last few weeks are mental so every squad car and wagon is in constant use!

Advertisement