Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

jjb sports . liffy valley clearence sale

• 16-08-2008 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭

got a load of stuff in there today for less than half price.

seems everything is reduced by 50%

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Same in Limerick. They're closing all their stores.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Mr E wrote: »

How come?

The sale in Liffey Valley has been gone on a while. A lot of crap left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

I THINK JD sports are buying them out,I heard that when i worked in Jd sports a while back,prob wrong though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

This is still going on? Its been going on for months then. Im sure it was on at the end of May or start of June.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Mr E wrote: »

They are not closing the Limerick store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Where will all the scobes/skangers go for their christmas shopping then? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

the one in Liffey Valley is taking on staff, very strange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Maybe they are changing their business model to those "Closing down sale" shops. Like the one on Liffey street beside hairy legs that has been closing down for over 10 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

These "closing down sales" have been going on for months in JJB. I wonder what they're up to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I'm sure I read somewhere that they were bought by some other company, so when the stock is gone they will be opening up under a new name.

Also, here is a link regarding their stores in the UK from a few months ago, announcing lots of redundancies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

This is still on lads. Got 2 pairs of runners for €44 today and I think she overcharged me! Good value to be had :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

I think they have put the prices up on a lot of stuff, i was in the one in Tallaght today and i saw a tracksuit that i bought for my son for school a few months ago for €7.50 and they were all priced €22.50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

got a pair of Puma King Exec for 26euro btw. Check the underside of the boots/shoes. if the price written is lower than the price tag, rip off the price tag and go up to the counter. They check the underside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 BetsyGray

Do you guys have D2 down there? In the north we've got a nice 2 for 1 offer on vans and DG shoes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Yep BetsyGray, there's one in the Square in Tallaght IIRC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Yep prices have deffo gone up on some items.
    Think the idea is to have the 99.9% OFF poster on the window
    (some items, if you can one let me know!) and then have the stuff inside nearly full price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Got "real" Predators there for €101, astro boots for €30 and football socks for €5. Sweet

Advertisement