Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone having problems with eircom webmail?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭April Raine

parkier12 wrote: »
    So, if you check emails on your PD rather than on eircom.net and find your account has stopped delivering your emails to you, then try changing the incoming server as you may have been migrated, and do not change it otherwise. ?
    I think you have it. One of my accounts would not work with the webmail.eircom.net so i changed the server back to mail1.eircom.net and it worked. So apparently not all acccounts are migrated if it does not work with the old one try the new or if like me you changed all at once change back ones that do not work and see if they do then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 parkier12

Glad to hear there is some sort of logic to the whole thing! Only one of my eircom accounts has been migrated so far. Now if they could put something about this on their website.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

Anyone know who is hosting the new Eircom webmail. I'm sure they didn't build it themselves. At first I thought they'd repackaged google but after looking at their demo it is the spit of an early hotmail or hybrid yahoo. This would be interesting to know and to also find out if their servers are based in Ireland or the US. Naturally there are privacy concerns with US hosting options......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

It could just be a package they bought and installed on their own servers.

It looks kind of like web outlook but it isn't I don't think.

Some clone of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 parkier12

Not sure who does the Eircom new webmail. It is an improvement on the old, but if they could take that tickbox that you have to tick every time to avoid the flash version and wrap it around the neck of....:eek:...

Someone asked about Outlook Express settings. The servers are: incoming: webmail.eircom.net, and outgoing: mail1.eircom.net. Someone said you need a number in your password, and that they add the number 1 to the end of your existing password if yours doesn't have a number, and this seems to be the case.:)

That is if your account has the new interface; if you are still in the old blue and orange colour scheme your servers are both the same: mail1.eircom.net. THe incoming one will change once you have been migrated to the new interface, and it is only then that the number on the end of a password business comes into play.

• Advertisement
Advertisement