Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vodafone 3G prob

Options
  • 16-08-2008 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54,133 ✭✭✭✭

iv a question about the vodafone 3G modem

tonight the signal on the vodafone modem

is 4 bars and the light on the dashboard, the modem is light blue
    does light blue mean 2G ??? because it says 3g on the screen (just wondering)

my connection is timing out
    and slow

why is this ??

i expect with a high signal like 4 bars i would be good to go

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Tingting

Hi. Im tingting. its nevr gona be ok with that in tipp. im here also and i tried 2 or 3 times. th mountains. go with u.tv. average price, good service.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,133 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Tingting wrote: »
    Hi. Im tingting. its nevr gona be ok with that in tipp. im here also and i tried 2 or 3 times. th mountains. go with u.tv. average price, good service.

i cant get broadband in my area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Tingting

and now?

[URL="[URL=http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/309991410.png[/IMG][/URL]"][/url]309991410.png

doesnt look to bad??

i just tested it there again and its at download is 712kbs
    i dont get consistend speed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

i expect with a high signal like 4 bars i would be good to go

It would be nice to get some clarification on this but my understanding of 4 bars is that you are picking up a good signal from the nearest mast, BUT it does NOT indicate the nearst mast can recieve your signal back again.

I would guess the mast is transmitting with a much higher output than your modem so the fact that you can recieve a good signal is no indication that the mast can get any signal from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It's worse than that.

The signal is the signal. But speed depends on number of users. At 6 solid users about 1/10th 3.6Mbps is available, = 360k.

With 24 users, the 25th will disconnect intermittently

i rang eircom today to ask about my exchange to upgraded

they said it will be upgraded between nov-dec this year

i dought its true but if it is im screw with this 3g modem

is it possible to brake the contract with vodafone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,089 ✭✭✭emaherx

there are three colour states for the LED
    Green = GPRS which is 2.5G
    Blue = 3G but still seems very slow
    Blue + Green = HSDPA which is still 3G but a lot faster, sometimes called 3.5G.

I believe you can break contract if you are getting an unusable service, at least I have heard of people getting out of it in the past.

Advertisement