Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I broke the law for the sake of ethics

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

I don't know if I'm more disgusted that you are being let off, or that you put an emoticon into a correspondence with the Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Why are you disgusted at either?

What in your opinion was so bad about what I did?

With regards the :) in the letter? What's wrong with that too? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Well done on the result. They will often fold if you press them hard enough. Common sense should prevail.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Verb wrote: »
    or that you put an emoticon into a correspondence with the Gardai.

Well done but the smiley horrified me too. Also it's better letter etiquette to address your letter to a person instead of 'Dear sir/madam' unless it is nigh on impossible to get a name. Even then probably Dear Garda Superintendent would be better received.

It made sense for you to park there.

As for the blind people I'm sure they are well accustomed to unexpected items on their path and if your diagram is accurate there was plenty of safe space to pass.

Nice one for you.

Ah nothing wrong with using a happy face in my opinion, sure I put them in emails to customers and everything hehe. But that's a whole different thread :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

you didn't commit a serious crime but you didn't consider the blind

Oh man.. No comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭SMERSH

Common sense 1:0 High Moral Horse Brigade

Got the confirmation letter today so all is good in da hood!

Will pop off a thank you note soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

Cormie good to hear you got off but a word of advice. You only got off through persistance and probably the fact you had parked sensibly although illegaly but hey that's beside the point. My advice to you is not to do it again. Take this as a learning experience and nothing more. Having read most of this thread your intentions again while illegal did have some common sense and it was dealt with by the local Super with common sense. I am sure the Super does not want every van driver following your actions too much.

Yeah definitely. I surely don't want to be writing any more letters to the same guy anyway, would be taking the piss a bit, this may lead me to parking on double yellows for the allowed 30 minutes and getting a few beeps though. Unless they change the law to allow "sensible" footpath parking for loading :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement