Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 Broadband error 619 - Jacking it in

Options
  • 17-08-2008 12:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Alright folks,

Just wondering has anybdy else experienced major problems of no connectivity in the past few days in the north dublin area or any where else in the country due to "error 619". It was going grand enough to a couple of days ago and then went belly up.
    Tryed to jack the entire kit in to O2 as I was no longer getting the service I am paying for but that requires me buying the next consective months of my contract out which amounts to 20 euro each month. Has anybody been able to get out of there deal with the Devil and there Nazi regime conditions without having to pay the price?
    On a lighter note think O2 are the greatest shower of bastards I have ever come across

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

On a lighter note think O2 are the greatest shower of bastards I have ever come across

You've obviously never dealt with BT then?

As for buying out the contract, most companies will try to say this, but if they are not providing the service, then they can't make you pay for it. The nature of a mobile service is different though, so it can get tricky. I would ring them back, tell them it isn't working and you're not paying any more. Cancel your direct debit with them and don't even try to use it again.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Alright folks,

Just wondering has anybdy else experienced major problems of no connectivity in the past few days in the north dublin area or any where else in the country due to "error 619". It was going grand enough to a couple of days ago and then went belly up.
    Tryed to jack the entire kit in to O2 as I was no longer getting the service I am paying for but that requires me buying the next consective months of my contract out which amounts to 20 euro each month. Has anybody been able to get out of there deal with the Devil and there Nazi regime conditions without having to pay the price?

So it stopped working and you then tried to cancel/return the kit to O2....did you even contact their technical support dept and try to troubleshoot any nissues you might be having?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

I had the same error with my three modem for over a day. It did turn out it was a network problem and not a hardware problem that the "feckwits" kept telling me it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Alright folks,

Eh no, that would have to be Three.

Did you ring them about the problem?

Advertisement