Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Waterford City

Options
  • 17-08-2008 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭

I was banned from Waterford City forum for this post
    What? Do people in this town blame everything on travellers? That is complete discrimination, these people are never given fair treatment!

Ha of course I'm joking, I would certainly say its them alright

It was in this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055357360&page=2

I really don't see anything wrong with it, it doesn't insult travellers at all. But what really annoys me is the response from the mod, who claims he is being sarcastic, yet won't accept that I am being sarcastic? Can a mod be banned from his own forum?

Sully wrote:
    Odd. I guess people didnt read the charter.

Must have been the travellers - sure who else would bash into Garda cars, shot people and cause mayhem? Aye, only travellers do that sorta thing sure aint the rest of us citizens of da law boy? Aye.

CantGetNoSleep banned for one week for acting the maggot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I was banned from Waterford City forum for this post

It was in this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055357360&page=2

I really don't see anything wrong with it, it doesn't insult travellers at all. But what really annoys me is the response from the mod, who claims he is being sarcastic, yet won't accept that I am being sarcastic? Can a mod be banned from his own forum?
    That post is expressing anti-traveller sentiment in my opinion, and I believe that the forum has a low tolerance for such posts. But you say that your post is being sarcastic? Which exact part of your post is steeped in sarcasm exactly?

I have given Helpdesk access to Sully for right to reply.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

CantGetNoSleep,
    As you are fully aware, we do not tollerate any inappropriate comments or remarks made towards travellers (or any group). It is in the charter and has been for sometime.
    If you feel the need to go insulting the travelling community in Waterford, certain areas of Waterford, or certain people in Waterford (Add your own minorities to this list), whether it be using derogatory terms, insults, slurs, or the like, please expect a swift banning from the forum. We will notify you when your ban is to be up.

You have been banned in the past for two weeks for such comments (suggesting travellers be exterminated), warned by Fajitas! for comments after the ban (refering to travellers as knackers) and I see you have received similar warnings from other forums in the past for such comments.

This time you posted refering to them as "pikeys" here and went on to lay the blame on last nigths incidents soley on travellers here where you begun mocking those who defend travellers and went on and clearly labelled all blame on travellers.

I do not for one second think you were being sarcastic. You have a habbit of ignoring the forum rules, even after constant warnings, infractions and bans. Consider yourself lucky to go away with only a week ban all things considered - next time it will be longer.

Advertisement