Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building a computer yourself on the cheap

• 17-08-2008 1:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭

I am thinking about building a very very hi spec gaming pc. Where would I get the parts for the cheapest.

Has anyone here ever done this before.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

http://www.hardwareversand.de Is a great site, tons of people here on boards use it. Postage for is €30 to Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

By the way, make sure you have a look around the Building and upgrading forum here

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

cronos wrote: »
    Has anyone here ever done this before.

LOL :p

www.dabs.ie are pretty good.
    As said hardwareversand.de are good too. €30 flat rate shipping AFAIK so if your buying, maybe by a bit off them.
    Overclockers.co.uk too. But yeah, check out the Tech -> Computers -> Building and upgrading

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Another + for dabs.ie they have a good selection of cases for under €30 including power supply. Mine is still working years later- solid and cheap, recommended. Also other small components and cheap media drives, www.dealextreme.com can be cheap, delivery might take a few weeks though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭ewj1978

My best advice to you is decide what you want then research evrywhere for prices.. Seriously shopping around can make a huge difference in the final price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

ewj1978 wrote: »
    My best advice to you is decide what you want then research evrywhere for prices.. Seriously shopping around can make a huge difference in the final price.

Prices can, will and should affect those decisions though.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=842 and check the stickies. Good advice to be had :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

check out the parts section on adverts.ie you can get some serious value on some parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭richiek

after reading this I ordered from http://www.hardwareversand.de had a look around and they seem to be great value, had to pay by IBAN (international bank transfer) because they don't take credit cards. but I have since called and emailed them with queries they've been very good with queries and speak english.

I'll let you know when my order arrives but so far all seems to be going all right.

also I like using dabs and komplett.

Advertisement