Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who will win the league?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭pesireland

not sure who will win, but i voted liverpool as i vote with my heart :D

but i think man utd are the team to beat and then its between liverpool and chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

Gareth Barry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

From a betting point of view Arsenal are certainly the best value at 5/1, all the talk is about united and chelsea and even Liverpool :rolleyes: so Arsenal have sliiped under the radar like last year, my main concern would be a repeat of last years injury affliction

I dont think they have strengthened their squad enough from last year and they've lost a few key players in the transfer market . It will be very interesting to see how they do .
    At 5/1 it defo represents better value than than the return from the other three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

That poll is weird, 12% for Chelsea?? I think people must be voting with their hearts and not heads.

Chelsea have improved by bringing in quality players, most namely Deco, and also a top Manager while United have stood still, although adding Berba would be a huge boost, and Arsenal have lost some important players, hard to see how Chelsea can't be at least 50%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,711 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Villain wrote: »
    That poll is weird, 12% for Chelsea?? I think people must be voting with their hearts and not heads.

Chelsea have improved by bringing in quality players, most namely Deco, and also a top Manager while United have stood still, although adding Berba would be a huge boost, and Arsenal have lost some important players, hard to see how Chelsea can't be at least 50%.

Even if United don't sign a striker I don't think they can be accused of standing still. Players like Nani, Anderson, Hargreaves and even Tevez will improve this year.

Neville being back sures up the defensive options, Campbell looks like he could be a squad player, Manocho has yet to appear and is an unknown quantity but they are expecting good things from him.

Possedon and the 2 brazilian twins further improve the squad especially now with the 7 sub rule.

All that said, United are weak up front. They were aswell last year but Ronaldo pulled them through it. I fully expect them to sign some form of striker in the next week or 2.

As for Chelsea, defensively Scolari has always been suspect and naive in his tactics, the next 4 opponents are Wigan, Spurs, City and United. Should give a better indication of how Chelsea are equipped this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Liverpool with more votes than Chelsea ? Thats fairly ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Tusky wrote: »

This is Ireland and Pool fans aren't known for their unbiased opinions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Why not just change to poll to just Chelsea or Man United and watch all the votes for Chelsea shoot up thanks to the scousers. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Why put a poll up at all when it can be changed >>>>>>>>>>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Bohs unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

Boggles wrote: »

As for Chelsea, defensively Scolari has always been suspect and naive in his tactics, the next 4 opponents are Wigan, Spurs, City and United. Should give a better indication of how Chelsea are equipped this year.

Defensively Chelsea have the same back 4 and replacements as last season that came within in a whisker of the 2 biggest trophies, even with all the injuries at the back they had. Only this year CFC now have a world class right full in Bosingwa which can only strengthen the back line and the shackles seem to have been taken off Ashley Cole too so all in all I think CFC are stronger this year. Then add Deco into the mix. But I do take your point about the next 2 away games and even Spurs and United being a yardstick and we will see how we stand after those games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Chelsea i say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Tusky wrote: »

Football fans are generally not the brightest lot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

So u dont want scousers, Mancs or bitter people voting, what u basically shoul;d have said is "Only vote if u think Chelsea will win" ;) Comfort poll ftw!

U have two football related questions but only 1 poll.

2211448865_04bf995423.jpg?v=0

United FTW!
    gotta love neill. United fail is gona be sweet this year. only saw this thread now and its mine.

lol

drinking for the win

and Chelsea are the win

Mr Alan wrote: »
    em?! wat are you talking about you lunatic! they have two of the best strikers in the league?!

83058drogba.jpg
    anelka3G_468x381.jpg
    one of the only men in this forum that speaks sense.

• Advertisement

Kold wrote: »
    The real question is, did you ever think this thread would succeed?
    Can't remember prob not tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,357 ✭✭✭✭muffler

This is a stupid thread and an even more stupid poll. Christ there's 12 people who actually think Liverpool are going to win the league :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

muffler wrote: »
    This is a stupid thread and an even more stupid poll. Christ there's 12 people who actually think Liverpool are going to win the league :eek:

That's a little obvious man... Those 12 people are Liverpool's starting XI and Rafa! =P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

eZe^ wrote: »
    That's a little obvious man... Those 12 people are Liverpool's starting XI and Rafa! =P

:pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Hero Of College

Well Liverpool are top after 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,357 ✭✭✭✭muffler

eZe^ wrote: »
    Nice one :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Well Liverpool are top after 2.

It was a remark made in jest, relax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Once United get their whole squad together (and Berbatov :pac:) we should be fine. As for now against Portsmouth, we just need a result, and by a result I mean 3 f**king points!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

what happened the poll here? seems there are a lot less votes than a few days ago...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

what happened the poll here? seems there are a lot less votes than a few days ago...

I noticed this poll changed last week:( down in one case

Advertisement