Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FEES

• 17-08-2008 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi guys. I'm gonna be heading to Maynooth in September but i'm seriously confused as to which fees i must pay...

Basically, i moved here (from outside the EU) nearly 8 years ago and have, obviously, gone to primarly and secondary here.

So, i have been ordinarilly resident here for at least 3 out of 5 years (that's one of the criteria) and i have been studying here for 8 years.

Will i need to pay fees, and if so are they the Irish/EU fees?
    Also, are the fees paid one EVERY YEAR? Or is it just once off?

Thanks in advance!
    Rob

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Do you have an Irish passport? You're probably entitled to one and hence, you'd be an EU citizen and not have to pay fees. Other than that I'm not sure. You need to contact the Fees and Grants Office in NUIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 robbieb1024

well i will be applying for citizenship literally a month after starting college! And that takes at least a year to process. I have heard, and this is what i have been assuming, is that as long as i have been studying here for at least 3 years straight then i get free fees.

I have sent an email to the admissions office and the international students office. I will talk to the fees and grants office - thank you

Advertisement