Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which pistol?

Options
  • 17-08-2008 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

I am going to be In the market for a pistol at my next paycheque (the addiction starts)
    I have been looking around and have decided to narrow down the search to these few.

A p99 cheap and chearfull but is it any good?
    A cappa they are beautiful

A bretta

Or I am open to suggestion...

I will be bying off eirsoft.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

get a kj m9 for 75 quid or a kj glock 23 for 75, i highly recommend them.

great pistols for the money, and nice weight to them

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

skapegoat wrote: »
    I am going to be In the market for a pistol at my next paycheque (the addiction starts)
    I have been looking around and have decided to narrow down the search to these few.

A p99 cheap and chearfull but is it any good?
    A cappa they are beautiful

A bretta

Or I am open to suggestion...

I will be bying off eirsoft.

Ok, firstly, is this for "plinking" in your back garden(out of sight!) or for skirmishing? If you wsh to skirmish, most players you run into will suggest you buy and AEG(automatic Electric Gun) first, then get a sidearm(and holster) later.

If you want to plink, realise that these are all gas powered. They perform badly on cold days and need maintanance. If you get a gas gun you must also buy airsoft gas(not that cheap) or propane for plumbers and an adaptor for airsoft(~€30). You also need silicone spray lubricant either way, more so with propane as it doesnt have any lubricant in it already.

On specific guns: I really like the KJW M9, P226/229, and USP.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭skapegoat

It will be for skirmish. I have a dboy m4system and a galaxy mp5.
    I just got both of them and my first skirmish will be weds evening.
    I like the mp5 but I'm not sure on the m4 yet (slow rate of fire and the hop up adjustment is jammed)

I had a go of a desert eagle and it was dam heavy and not nice but the kick of it is intoxicating!
    So that's why I am in the market for a pistol.

http://airsoftworld.ie/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=63

not too heavy, powerful, nice build quality.

oh and the kjw m9p226 full meatal does look very nice indeed.
    Have you used one/ owned one for long?

• Advertisement

Just tried a few at skirmished, lovely things.

DEs are nice, but just arent practical for skirmishing.

Its up to you really, which one do you want? The M9s, P22s and USPs are all easy to accesorise with extra mags, holsters ect. A cappa will be the same as they are real common too. A P99 would be less so.

you said the DE is too heavy, hence a full metal gun would be the same weight?

The DE is huge though! I'm going to go have a look at them to mo and maybe buy on thursday or Friday, apart mags what accesories would be reccomended for a pistol?

Cheers for all the help lads, I need to get more clues up on this stuff.

shblob wrote: »
    you said the DE is too heavy, hence a full metal gun would be the same weight?

Who said what? Nobody said they are to heavy.

I said they were inpractical, which is primarily due to their size and the size of their mags.

@ lethal, look at post #4

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

get yourself a Glock of some sort if ya want something reliable with little maintainance, the glocks have the biggest range of spare parts available so if anything does go wrong you'l still have a chance of getting it running again.,

Advertisement