Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fad/Trend?

Options
  • 17-08-2008 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

Do you think vegetarianism is becoming more of a trend than a personal choice?

Like the kids who claim themselves to be "emo" when they're not, because emos don't go round saying "I'm emo" they say "I'm not emo get a life".

Then the emo wannabees - they go off and join veggie bands and stuff, if you catch my drift lol, because it's the emo thing to do or something :S

So basically people are becoming vegetarians and not knowing what it comprises of, just to be unique, different, a rarity, whatever you may call it.

Does anyone else feel this way? :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Nope. I've never heard of it as a trend and think it is generally undertaken as a personal choice or for health reasons.

Is that why your a vegetarian?
    I don't really get emo. I thought it was about eyeliner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Is that why your a vegetarian?
    I don't really get emo. I thought it was about eyeliner.

Nahh I just saw too many horrible documentaries :(

Emo is about eye liner AND skinny jeans.
    hahaha

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Not that I know of, kids with their pokey and their mon, it's what the veggie is all about!

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

I suppose in some cases, especially with kids, it would be a fad. They would be the kind of people who would still eat fish and chicken and wafer thin ham!

I don't get why people would become veggie just to be cool. I get ridiculed for it! People definately don't see me as cool cos I'm veggie!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Hmm, I do know a couple of...idiots, for want of a better word, who do the whole veggie thing as part of their general "anarchist" deal they have going. As in, "ooh I like the distillers as opposed to greenday coz that's how punk I am, I have my septum pierced, how do you like that society?". Apparently, being a fully paid up member of PETA is something of a pre-requisite of that particular scene, so yes, I guess vegetarianism is something of a fad in some circles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

lolmorrissey @ the emo kids

whatsthatyou128635695980701567.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Hmm, I do know a couple of...idiots, for want of a better word, who do the whole veggie thing as part of their general "anarchist" deal they have going. As in, "ooh I like the distillers as opposed to greenday coz that's how punk I am, I have my septum pierced, how do you like that society?". Apparently, being a fully paid up member of PETA is something of a pre-requisite of that particular scene, so yes, I guess vegetarianism is something of a fad in some circles.

For some it will be a fashion statement but a short lived one. My dad used to say it was a phase I was going through. He said that first in 1980.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭BurnsCarpenter

Meh.
    Who cares, the more the merrier. I can't stand the veggier than thou attitude.

Advertisement