Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cock-A-Doodle-Doo

Options
  • 17-08-2008 1:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey guys,

For the past few weeks myself and my flatmates have been waking to the sounds of a rooster crowing of whatever the hell it is a rooster does. Not only does this thing wake us up as early as four am but it goes on all day. I've heard this thing at 6 p.m. This would be all well and good if we lived in the country or somewhere isolated but we live in built up Dublin suburbs surrounded by houses and apartments. We are not sure who owns this thing but we think we have a rough idea. We're pretty sure the rooster is new to the neighbourhood as we haven't heard him prior to a few weeks ago. Also, this morning I could have sworn I heard a second rooster, though I'm not sure. Any ideas on what can be done about the matter? Are they allowed a rooster in an area like this? Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you,

Merv.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,397 ✭✭✭✭Victor

While there are rules about farm animals in urban areas, I don't think it applies to single roosters (a flock would be another matter), so you have to get them as a noise disturbance.

Do a search of this section.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭arctictree

Merv - Are you in the city centre or the outer suburbs?

It may not even be a rooster. Hens normally crow for a bit after they have laid an egg, so it could be a flock of hens you are hearing.

Are your other neighbours hearing it too?

Also, this is easily cured if you chat with your neighbour. The rooster just needs to be shut up somewhere dark until an approprite time. A dark garage or even a car boot will do!!

A

Advertisement