Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

perlico and switiching to low interleaving

Options
  • 17-08-2008 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

i am just off the phone to perlico support. i asked him if i could switch to low interleaving he explained that he would be able to this and said i should contact eircom directly and request it from them. the guy from perlico also said that iwould not be getting a upgrade from 2mb to 3mb because i am not a eircom customer. i thought all providers are getting these speed upgrades. im on the rush exchange and this was upgraded last weekend. anyway im going to ring perlico again because the guys from eircom said he would not be able to switch me to low interleaving. what a joke

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Griffin87 wrote: »
    i am just off the phone to perlico support. i asked him if i could switch to low interleaving he explained that he would be able to this and said i should contact eircom directly and request it from them. the guy from perlico also said that iwould not be getting a upgrade from 2mb to 3mb because i am not a eircom customer. i thought all providers are getting these speed upgrades. im on the rush exchange and this was upgraded last weekend. anyway im going to ring perlico again because the guys from eircom said he would not be able to switch me to low interleaving. what a joke
    You were talking to an idiot. Eircom wholesale won't interact directly with customers from other providers ever and him telling you to contact Eircom was an effort to get you off the phone. And yes if you are on 2mbit and your line is capable it should be upgraded to 3mbit.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Griffin87

rang them again and got talking to another person they said that would not be able to do this because eircom own the lines. i asked him if he could put in a requuest for me. he said only a senior supervisor would be able to request this and to ring back tommorow. can it really be that hard ? he suggested to ring eircom again and basically try and plead with them to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Eircom won't talk to you as you are Perlico's customer.

Perlico just resell what ever Eircom Wholesale gives them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I'm an Eircom customer with high interleaving on the 7.6mbit package and would love if Eircom would turn down interleaving for me, its just not going to happen, even for an Eircom customer. And as your a Perlico customer they won't even listen

i was waiting for replies before i rang eircom again. im not going to botar now. but i want this sorted im going them back tommorow and demand they make a request with eircom. im sick of them fobbing me off

• Advertisement

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    I'm an Eircom customer with high interleaving on the 7.6mbit package and would love if Eircom would turn down interleaving for me, its just not going to happen, even for an Eircom customer. And as your a Perlico customer they won't even listen

Thats not always the case, it is possible for them to do it and if you are very nice to Eircom they will sometimes do it.

To OP. In this case I would probably either plead with the Perlico supervisor or maybe if that doesn't work use the I will be going to another provider if you won't do it approach.

One thing I am confused by is why you would want interleaving turned down, you already mentioned that you are on 2mbit so you shouldn't be having any of the recent problems encountered by people who have been upgraded to 7.6. Your line should already be completely suitable for gaming and by having interleaving turned you risk making it unstable.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

well he never clearly said what he was on just the perlico said he would not get the 2 -> 3mb upgrade because he was "not an eircom customer"

there should be no harm in asking to make sure he is on lowinterleaving anyway, just incase.

Baneblade wrote: »
    well he never clearly said what he was on just the perlico said he would not get the 2 -> 3mb upgrade because he was "not an eircom customer"

there should be no harm in asking to make sure he is on lowinterleaving anyway, just incase.
    Well if he was asking Perlico about him getting upgraded from 2>3 it stands to reason that he is actually on 2mbit :pac:
    There is generally a standard interleaving setting on dsl which should be 100% fine for gaming. There isn't really a reason for them to have it over this setting unless there is a problem or the customer is on the recently upgraded 7.6mbit package (which by most accounts interleaving has been turned up). The 7.6 package not being relevant in this case since he is on the 2mbit package.

I dont know for sure that i am on high interleaving, but ever since they have upgraded the rush exchange my ping has doubled. the exchange was upgraded on the 9th of august. i just want perlico to look into this for me

Advertisement