Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offers tommorrow.

Options
  • 17-08-2008 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

What should we expect on cao.ie? Is it just like, ' choice 1, click box to accept' or what?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

expect nothing ..... then you won't be disappointed :D

or you could check out the postings from 6am this time last year. i believe some people pasted their offer on here so should look same this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

pathway33 wrote: »
    expect nothing ..... then you won't be disappointed :D

or you could check out the postings from 6am this time last year. i believe some people pasted their offer on here so should look same this year

eh, good luck to me digging up them posts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

Log in - you'll see a tab with "my offers" (or something like that). Click on it, view what the offer is. Accept it and then you'll get an email confirming it :pac:

Say 100 people apply for a course that has 70 places.

are them 100 people offered and from then is it 1st come 1st served?
    I presume its not, that 70 places are offered to 70 people with best points/ requirements for that course.?

I guess im just trying to find out more about the system really?

and yes i am freaking out about it. Its so close now! the next time I wake up.....

BaRcOe wrote: »
    eh, good luck to me digging up them posts!

its a 30 second job.:D on display options at bottom left of leaving cert forum mainpage click last year and ascending instead of descending. the first post should be this time last year.

• Advertisement

I presume its not, that 70 places are offered to 70 people with best points/ requirements for that course.?

and yes i am freaking out about it. Its so close now! the next time I wake up.....
    It goes by points. The 70 people with the highest points out of the 100 are offered the course (assuming they satisfy matriculation). Then the last person to be offered the course has their points achieved listed as 'minimum requirements'.

E.g. Say there's 5 places for History.

Person 1: 600 points - Place offered
    Person 2: 590 points - Place offered
    Person 3: 580 points - place offered
    Person 4: 570 points - Place offered
    Person 5: 560 points - Place offered.... Minimum requirements set as 560 points

Person 6: 550 points - not enough points.

yeah top 70 and in your course if 60 people get say 465 points and over and 20 people get 460 points. then the 20 people on 460 get thrown into a hat and its the first 10 out. feeling lucky? :rolleyes:

pathway33 wrote: »
    yeah top 70 and in your course if 60 people get say 465 points and over and 20 people get 460 points. then the 20 people on 460 get thrown into a hat and its the first 10 out. feeling lucky? :rolleyes:

oh my god, wow!:eek:

Yes I am feeling lucky!

p.s I was looking at lasts years L.C threads, I cant find any thread with pasted offers!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Plug-me-in

And what happens if i get offered my second choice first time round (tomorrow morning :() even though i REALLY want my first, can i accept it and still get offered my first choice when the second round comes along? Or if i accept it, is that it?

Plug-me-in wrote: »
    And what happens if i get offered my second choice first time round (tomorrow morning :() even though i REALLY want my first, can i accept it and still get offered my first choice when the second round comes along? Or if i accept it, is that it?
    Yes you will still get a second round offer even if you accept an offer in the first round.

Never assume you will get a round two offer. Treat the first offer as the last.

• Advertisement

Yes I am feeling lucky!

p.s I was looking at lasts years L.C threads, I cant find any thread with pasted offers!!

pasted offer here :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055137680&page=8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

no!! if there's only 70 places only 70 people get offered a place, but then if any of thsoe 70 people refuse then the rest of the 100 people get offers in the second round

Yes I am feeling lucky!

offerjl1.jpg

this is what you would have seen last year at 6am :D

scary stuff!!

yeah read the whole thread......but do it near a toilet :eek:

ye I quote someone

'I didn't get my first choice DN033. It jumped by 50 points!
    I had a 40 point cushion over last years points.'

50 points? wow that is sick!!:rolleyes:

ye I quote someone

'I didn't get my first choice DN033. It jumped by 50 points!
    I had a 40 point cushion over last years points.'

50 points? wow that is sick!!:rolleyes:

check out the guy who missed medicine on random selection 3 times in 3 different colleges

i don't know if he got in on round 2

• Registered Users Posts: 31,939 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The course I wanted jumped by 35 points, hence I repeated. Now I want a different course!

LC701 had a first round of 390 and a final round of 340, I got 385 and there are only 20 places on the course, how do you think I'm fixed?!

mars bar wrote: »
    The course I wanted jumped by 35 points, hence I repeated. Now I want a different course!

LC701 had a first round of 390 and a final round of 340, I got 385 and there are only 20 places on the course, how do you think I'm fixed?!

Look at it this way, if it jumps 35 or even 40 you should still be fine, 385 is grand for this course! Nice course choice btw!!

We all have that little tingly feeling of doubt inside even though we have met the requirements. Its only normal.

I really hope I get into d.i.t (dt228)

best of luck mars bar!!;)

Advertisement