Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ellen & Portia get hitched!!

• 17-08-2008 2:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭

Ellen DeGeneres and Portia deRossi got married yesterday after 4 years together!!

Congrats!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Source??

NVM, found it.

People Magazine
    Ring the wedding bells!

Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi have tied the knot.

"Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi were married tonight in an intimate ceremony at their home in Los Angeles," their spokesperson tells PEOPLE exclusively.

DeGeneres, 50, and de Rossi, 35, both wore Zac Posen and exchanged rings by Neil Lane during the Saturday ceremony. Their big day also featured arrangements by L.A. florist Mark's Garden.

The intimate ceremony was attended by 19 guests, including DeGeneres's mom Betty and de Rossi's mother Margaret Rogers (who flew in from Australia for the occasion), who witnessed the couple exchange handwritten vows.

The couple have been dating since December 2004. DeGeneres announced her plans to wed de Rossi during a taping of her talk show in May after California's Supreme Court ruled a previous ban on gay marriage to be unconstitutional.

The following month de Rossi showed off a 3-carat diamond ring set on a pink pavé band DeGeneres presented to her for their upcoming nuptials when the pair attended the Daytime Emmy Awards together.

"She's taught me lessons about myself, and I feel like I've taught her," the TV host said of de Rossi last year. "We've both changed and grown, and we just feel like, 'Oh, okay, this is completion.'"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

That's great to hear. Congrats to them both. They must be so thrilled they were finally allowed to marry.

Also, my bf only just found out through this that portia di rossi is gay. He thinks she's gorgeous and was a bit disappointed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

watna wrote: »
    That's great to hear. Congrats to them both. They must be so thrilled they were finally allowed to marry.

Also, my bf only just found out through this that portia di rossi is gay. He thinks she's gorgeous and was a bit disappointed!

Lol one of my male friends thought she was after 'turning straight' and was also disappointed. I had to remind him that that was Anne Heche and that not all lesbians are the same person. (And also that even if Portia was straight he has no chance with her.)

I really am delighted that they got to get married. They're so cute together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 roby_photo

Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi are officially married! The talk show host Ellen, 50 and her long-time partner, actress Portia, tied the knot in front of 19 guests during a private ceremony at their home in Beverly Hills, California, Saturday night.

http://dnevnohr.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3680

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

well I guess we know who wears the trousers...

Lovely pictures. Best of luck to both of them!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Portia looks fabuous, i want that dress! I might be a bit small for it though,,id look like an umpa lumpa

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

well, I guess now we know who wears the trousers in that relationship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

ellen's 50!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 David15050

porshe is very sexy, well done ellen

Advertisement