Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eating too much/little

• 17-08-2008 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi Guys just looking for some advice and opinions on my diet,below is a typical diet except for the odd sat evening take away.

im 26 5ft 7 and about 85kg havent weighed myself in ages ,dont have a scales in the house.
    i do weights 3 times a week and try to do cardio 2 a week.

Breakfast
    cup of tea
    grilled chicken fillet on its own

mid morning
    2 pieces of fruit

lunch
    brown bread sandwich or roll with butter and turkey/ham/beef/chicken

afternoon snack
    piece of fruit

dinner
    meat and veg,no spuds/stir fry,little rice/spag bol,little pasta/

drink between 3 and 4 litres of water a day and sometimes couple of glasses of diluted orange in the evening.

if i get peckish at night id have a few slices of ham or fruit

any advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

With no amounts, it's hard to say. Borrow or buy a small scales (Salter do a nice little one that weighs in 1/4 ounce increments, and is well under a tenner) and spend a few days weighing what you eat. Then plug all your foods into www.fitday.com and see how the calories work out. With that information, you will have a good idea of how much you are really eating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 jomag45

I think this diet looks very light on calories, especially considering the level of exercise. The pounds should be dropping off? I'd be concerned that with that level of exercise and assuming weight loss, it would not be sustainable and will lead to burn-out, exhaustion, etc. I'd expect at least some additional protein supplementation to aid muscle growth.

Also, I'd recommend a more substantial breakfast (with more carbs, e.g. porridge), especially after fasting over night. This diet looks like a crash weight loss diet to me, and could lead to problems further on.

Advertisement