Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Average bill?

Options
  • 17-08-2008 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, to anyone renting a two bedroom appartment, how much would you pay on average monthly on bills minus rent?

Elec
    TV
    Gas

Would be good to hear a few prices, trying to work it before we move in.

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Looking at my own last bills, which is a 2-bed with 2 people living there:

Gas (over 2 months): c 45 (bearing in mind it's "summer")
    ESB (over 2 months): c 70-80
    NTL (incl. Broadband): 66 a month

So that'd be (roughly) 90e a month on bills. That's for the last couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

Thanks ixoy, that gives me a rough idea anyway.

Was your NTL included in the appartment or did you get that installed yourself?
    If not is it up to the land lord if your allowed to install digital?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

ixoy wrote: »
    Looking at my own last bills, which is a 2-bed with 2 people living there:

Gas (over 2 months): c 45 (bearing in mind it's "summer")
    ESB (over 2 months): c 70-80
    NTL (incl. Broadband): 66 a month

So that'd be (roughly) 90e a month on bills. That's for the last couple of months.

god how do you get your esb that low? mine is on average 200 per 2 months, sometimes up to 280.2 bed apartment. that includes storage heating (2 heaters). otherwise im quite sensible with electricity, dont use dishwasher or tumble drier. turn off tv, computer etc when not in use, use the energy saving bulbs...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

PCros wrote: »
    Was your NTL included in the appartment or did you get that installed yourself?
    If not is it up to the land lord if your allowed to install digital?
    There was already an NTL box so there was no real work for the NTL guy to do, other than put the modem down.
    sam34 wrote:
    god how do you get your esb that low?
    All our heating, including the immersion, is done by gas. That's probably it. Other than that, it's just the usual - turning things off when they're not being used, using the washing machine/dryer no more than 2 a week, etc. We're not particularly frugal when it comes to the electricity, just reasonably prudent.

Advertisement