Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interview preperation

• 17-08-2008 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

I've got my interview next week and am just doing some research for it.

Can anyone give me specific lengths and a brief description of the 5 stages of training and everything you can be expected to do/learn in that time.

Is there any other useful sites besides the forum that'll provide good accurate information??

Cheers guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭Murphy(Cork)

fallon54 wrote: »
    I've got my interview next week and am just doing some research for it.

Can anyone give me specific lengths and a brief description of the 5 stages of training and everything you can be expected to do/learn in that time.

Is there any other useful sites besides the forum that'll provide good accurate information??

Cheers guys

www.garda.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭fallon54

"Basic training is divided into five phases and lasts a total of three years. Initially, students spend 22 weeks at the College, followed by a period of 24 weeks spent at selected stations under the direct supervision of tutorial staff. After further training at the College, students become members of the Service, empowered to enforce legislation the same as senior colleagues and are attached to stations, although remaining under probation for a further two year period."

Phase 1 - 22 weeks

Phase 2 - 24 weeks on the job training

Phase 3 -Return to college, leave with powers

phase 4 - More time on the job training

phase 5 - return for final exams?

General jist??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭Murphy(Cork)

fallon54 wrote: »
    "Basic training is divided into five phases and lasts a total of three years. Initially, students spend 22 weeks at the College, followed by a period of 24 weeks spent at selected stations under the direct supervision of tutorial staff. After further training at the College, students become members of the Service, empowered to enforce legislation the same as senior colleagues and are attached to stations, although remaining under probation for a further two year period."

Phase 1 - 22 weeks

Phase 2 - 24 weeks on the job training

Phase 3 -Return to college, leave with powers

phase 4 - More time on the job training

phase 5 - return for final exams?

General jist??

It's all on the Garda website.... Under Careers.

Advertisement