Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

6 Month rule!

Options
  • 17-08-2008 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Just got the leaner permit a while back, i know you cant sit your full driving test until after 6 months, but can i apply for it and get a date for a time just after my 6 month period is up?

cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭fiona-f

Yes, that's what I did. On the online application there is a bit for additional information / special requirements or something like that and I put in that I was on a new learner's permit which was issued on X date, and asked that my test not be scheduled until the 6-month period expired. I got a test date which will be two days after the six-month limit! Go for it, if you really don't feel ready within the six months, you can always postpone but at least this way you have the option to be ready to go if you feel prepared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭turf

is there any loophole to get around this wait at all? i wont be drivin within the 6 months so the wait is pointless for me.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

nope ya have to wait

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

There is no loop hole in the system, it's very simple, you must have held you learner permit for at least 6 months on the day of your test. You may apply before this date. Best of luck with yeer driving!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

turf wrote: »
    is there any loophole to get around this wait at all? i wont be drivin within the 6 months so the wait is pointless for me.....

Nope no way around it you have to wait which sucks, I did my test 6 months and 8 days after I got my learner permit and passed :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement