Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny City Event Guide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 outlands

You can read ALL about it at www.outlandsmusic.net so you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭djScarey

Home to Kilkenny from 17th-26th August. Any metal, punk or trad. gigs in that timeframe? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Tarzan_man

CAPTURE THE FLAG KILKENNY

On August 23rd, Kilkenny's streets play host to a free urban game of capture the flag. Some of you may remember playing capture the flag in a summer camp when you were younger. Maybe you've played it on the annual company team-building game of paintball, but either way you now have the chance to play it in an urban setting throughout the medieval streets of Kilkenny.

Capture the Flag FAQ

What the JESUS?!
    Capture the flag is a team based game comprising of 2 teams. Red vs Blue. Each team has their own flag which they must protect from the other team while simutaniously trying to capture the other teams flag and return it to HQ. Red team is at Black Abbey, Blue Team is at Kilkenny Castle

Can I play?
    Sure! Just mosey on down to the Town Hall on High street at 2pm on 23rd August 2009. The tag system and rules will be explained to you, then you'll be split into teams and the game begins!

How many flags?

Where is this based?

It is based across roughly 1km² of kilkenny. If you want a map just view it in the pictures on this bebo.
    ...so 3 flags?

No. Just 2 flags.

Whats this tag system yoke?

It's kind of like tag rugby. Each player is given a bandana at the start of the game. You are not "in" the game unless you have a bandana. This is placed in an easy-to-steal place like your beltloop. You tag other players by taking their bandanas. You can't be tagged on your own side of Kilkenny. Boundries are on the map. When tagged you return to HQ (Town Hall) and get another bandana and continue the game.

How many flags again?
    Get out.

Check out the video we made as well! :D

LINKAGE!

1008506.jpg

This event marks the launch of punchthesphinx.com, an online platform for Kilkenny's youth. It's a blog written by KK Youth for KK Youth about things they're interested in.

It's all happening at the Town Hall on High St. on August 23rd at 2pm. It’s a free event so all you need to bring are runners as its set to be a faced paced game! You can follow the action on Twitter with the #kkctf tag and on bebo at http://bebo.com/kkctf for more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Tarzan_man wrote: »
    CAPTURE THE FLAG KILKENNY

On August 23rd, Kilkenny's streets play host to a free urban game of capture the flag. Some of you may remember playing capture the flag in a summer camp when you were younger. Maybe you've played it on the annual company team-building game of paintball, but either way you now have the chance to play it in an urban setting throughout the medieval streets of Kilkenny.

Capture the Flag FAQ

What the JESUS?!
    Capture the flag is a team based game comprising of 2 teams. Red vs Blue. Each team has their own flag which they must protect from the other team while simutaniously trying to capture the other teams flag and return it to HQ. Red team is at Black Abbey, Blue Team is at Kilkenny Castle

Can I play?
    Sure! Just mosey on down to the Town Hall on High street at 2pm on 23rd August 2009. The tag system and rules will be explained to you, then you'll be split into teams and the game begins!

How many flags?

Where is this based?
    It is based across roughly 1km² of kilkenny. If you want a map just view it in the pictures on this bebo.
    ...so 3 flags?

No. Just 2 flags.

Whats this tag system yoke?

It's kind of like tag rugby. Each player is given a bandana at the start of the game. You are not "in" the game unless you have a bandana. This is placed in an easy-to-steal place like your beltloop. You tag other players by taking their bandanas. You can't be tagged on your own side of Kilkenny. Boundries are on the map. When tagged you return to HQ (Town Hall) and get another bandana and continue the game.

How many flags again?
    Get out.

Check out the video we made as well! :D

LINKAGE!

1008506.jpg

This event marks the launch of punchthesphinx.com, an online platform for Kilkenny's youth. It's a blog written by KK Youth for KK Youth about things they're interested in.

It's all happening at the Town Hall on High St. on August 23rd at 2pm. It’s a free event so all you need to bring are runners as its set to be a faced paced game! You can follow the action on Twitter with the #kkctf tag and on bebo at http://bebo.com/kkctf for more info.
    James dude I'm in, I'll be hungover though. Be warned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ianjbrenna

The Great Charity Speed Date takes place in Langtons Night Club On Saturday 17th of October Next registration starts from 7pm.

Run by the Niall Mellon Township Trust the event will raise much needed funds for their upcoming trip to South Africia in November.

The evening is about having great fun and meeting lots of open minded Singles. Speed dating has become hughly popular and is proven to be the easiest way to meet lots of fantastic people, and you never know when you might meet that someone special. Come along for the craic it will be a hugely enjoyable night and don't take it too seriously.

Tickets are €20 including free entry to langtons night club afterwards.
    to register your attendance or form more information contact Micheal Mullins on 0877973100 or register on line @ thegreatcharityspeeddate.org
    Non speed daters welcome to come along and support a great cause. Raffel with great prizes will take place on the night

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

ianjbrenna wrote: »
    The Great Charity Speed Date takes place in Langtons Night Club On Saturday 17th of August Next registration starts from 7pm.

Run by the Niall Mellon Township Trust the event will raise much needed funds for their upcoming trip to South Africia in November.

The evening is about having great fun and meeting lots of open minded Singles. Speed dating has become hughly popular and is proven to be the easiest way to meet lots of fantastic people, and you never know when you might meet that someone special. Come along for the craic it will be a hugely enjoyable night and don't take it too seriously.

Tickets are €20 including free entry to langtons night club afterwards.
    to register your attendance or form more information contact Micheal Mullins on 0877973100 or register on line @ thegreatcharityspeeddate.org
    Non speed daters welcome to come along and support a great cause. Raffel with great prizes will take place on the night

I've done speed dating in the past and it's mighty craic :) even if you don't get a match :( I'll be there.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

The Great Charity Speed Date takes place in Langtons Night Club On Saturday 17th of August Next registration starts from 7pm.

I assume that's meant to be October

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Cleared with the Mods before posting
    blackbirdposterweb.jpg

The Blackbird Art Lab
    will be hosting a one off manga workshop in conjunction with Children's Book Ireland and the International Manga Museum Kyoto. Mangaka Tsuyoshi Ogawa will host the workshop which will cover how manga is produced in Japan and inking with nibs and brush. Cost is 10euro which includes all materials, due to the size of the venue places are limited.

ztoical wrote: »
    I assume that's meant to be October

Yes that would be october thanks for pointing that out

jerseyeire wrote: »
    I've done speed dating in the past and it's mighty craic :) even if you don't get a match :( I'll be there.

Will see you there make sure to register your attendance, by phoning micheal on 087-7973100 or e-mail thegratcharityspeeddate@gmail.com

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Will see you there make sure to register your attendance, by phoning micheal on 087-7973100 or e-mail thegratcharityspeeddate@gmail.com

With Mick Mullins involved I know it'll be dodgey :pac:

Only joking I was in school with him!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 KKMusicals

Hope it's ok to post this here as it is an event of sorts!

Kilkenny Musical Society is holding a Table Quiz in Langton's this Monday night, 9th November at 8pm. There are great prizes up for grabs for the winning teams, as well as a number of spot prizes. The quiz was great craic last year so come along for a fun night!

The cost of staging a musical is HUGE so we need as much support as we can- so even if you can't make it yourself please spread the word!

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

ADOA-FinalPoster.jpg

The Devious Theatre Company are launching their Dario Fo Season with the maniacal murder mystery comedy Accidental Death Of An Anarchist, arguably the Nobel Prize winning dramatist’s most famous play.

This will be the first play to be staged in the new Set Theatre, John Street, Killkenny. They will be returning in March of 2010 with the next part of the season, Dario Fo’s Can’t Pay? Won’t Pay!

Accidental Death Of An Anarchist will run from Wednesday December 2nd to Sunday December 6th and tickets are available in RollerCoaster Records, Set Theatre and online at Devioustheatre.com

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭sammalone

Annette Buckley and her band arrive from Cork to rock Cleere's tonight (Sat 28th Nov) and for only €7!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well worth going to see this amazing singer if you in Kilkenny tonight I promise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 KKMusicals

Kilkenny Musical Society are holding a Christmas Concert on Saturday, December 5th at 8pm in the Watergate Theatre.

There will be Broadway hits, timeless classics, soaring choral numbers and beautiful instrumentals performed on the night- as well as, of course, a number of Christmas songs to get you into the festive spirit!!

KMS will be joined by 3 local choirs on the night for the concert- Harmony Singers, The Unity Singers, and Kilkenny Male Voice Choir.

In a twist to proceedings, a bit of variety will be added to the night by local Martial Arts group, Black Dragon, who will perform a choreographed routine to some well known music!

Should be a great night, please come along! Tickets will be available on the night but to ensure the best possible seat, book your tickets from the Watergate on 056-7761674. Tickets cost 20 euro or 16 euro for OAPs and students.

Just a suggestion but would an open calendar be an idea here?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

14564_1297336718027_1368641594_30830232_2536779_n.jpg
    Sunday 27th December

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 The Meerkat

Me and my girlfriend are going to be in Kilkenny for new Year's Eve. Is there anywhere where I can find out what's happening around the city that night?

Just a suggestion, and opportunity for me to plug this. It may or may not be your cup of tea:

14564_1293565023737_1368641594_30821178_7186518_n.jpg

For info on what's happening the Kilkenny People (our local paper) might be a good bet, and there's sites too (Kilkenny Alive etc).

MCC-ChristmasCycle-724x1024.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭mousehouse

14242_107143275963182_100000025299428_184922_320039_s.jpg
    The fantastic Kylie Experience is coming to Kilkenny this Stephens night @ Dignity Bar Kilkenny. If you have seen this show yet she is amazing and very convincing.. Full Kylie show with all your favourite songs and replica costumes.. Night to remember... Plus loads of drink promos on the night...

slamsesh.png

Um... why was my last thread deleted without any explaination or notification?

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Sorry, I saw the flyer and though it was the same post twice so deleted one of them. I've restored it so people can see the explanation text.. and because it's free :)

Ara grand, no bothers!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

[IMG]file:///Users/brianbutler/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]soulkitchen.lrg.jpg?width=680&height=260&ext=.jpg

Soul Kitchen in The Set Theater, Kilkenny.

The best Soul, Funk and Disco with DJs Brian Butler and Davy Holland.

Every 2nd Saturday 11pm-2am. The next one is Saturday 6th March. Free entry.

The Set is the best new venue in the country and the floor is always full with smiling, happy groovers!

It's easily the best night out in Kilkenny!

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

CPWP-FinalPoster.jpg

Devious Theatre are rounding off their Dario Fo Season with a new production of his raucous comedy Can't Pay? Won't Pay! This recession busting, union bashing, shoplifting farce will play Set Theatre, Kilkenny from March 10th - 14th.

Following on from the December production of Accidental Death Of An Anarchist, this madcap marital meltdown from Italy's maestro of farce sticks a knife into the institutions that cripple us whilst offering belly laughs to cure what ails ya.

Tickets can be booked at the Set Theatre Box Office at 056 - 7765133 or online at tickets.devioustheatre.com

For all details on the production please check out www.devioustheatre.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Howdy

EDIT: Hadn't seen the previous posts about this! Sorry

You may have seen these posters up around the place - especially in the Credit Union on the High Street:

cpwp-web-promo-4.jpg

They're for local theatre group Devious Theatre's production of Dario Fo's Can't Pay? Won't Pay! in the Set Theatre, starting tonight and going on to Sunday. Tickets are €13.
    cpwp-web-promo-2.jpg

Can’t Pay? Won’t Pay! tells the story of two working class women, Antonia and Margherita, who are frustrated by rising prices and struggling to make ends meet.

Along with the other women in their neighbourhood, they decide to rebel against the cost of living by taking goods without paying. However, hiding the shoplifting spree from their husbands and the pursuing authorities might prove a little trickier than expected.

The cast includes Angela Barrett, Ross Costigan, Hazel Fahy, Ken McGuire and David Thompson. The production is directed by John Morton who previously directed Accidental Death Of An Anarchist and Trainspotting for Devious Theatre.

I've seen a lot of Devious Theatre's work and can personally guarantee a great night's entertainment. I brought my folks along to their last show and they loved it. They also have a great blog up on their website.

Anyhow, this is a shout out to them, letting you know about the show. I have a competition for tickets up in the theatre forum too. I'll be there Friday and may be inclined to buy any Boards.ie members there a pint ;)

Cheers

Darragh

There's a charity cycle on the new motorway between Danesfort and Waterford this Sunday before it opens. It leaves Danesfort school at 11.30. Minimum donation is €20 and it's for the Irish Hospice Foundation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

Headin to Kilkenny with a couple of mates wknd after next (10th).. anything on ?