Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get wood cut/drilled?

Options
  • 17-08-2008 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭

Hey all.

Need to get a length of wood cut to measure, with a little wedge cut out of the end too and also holes drilled at the end of it. Would somewhere like B&Q do that? It's a replacement beam about 2x3 inches x 6ft.

Would normally be able to do this myself, but don't have any tools with me at all.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Not sure if you already have the wood or planing on buying it, if its the latter should not be a problem. IF your northside there is a place(think its called larrys diy) just near the end of Grace park where it meets Richmond road. IF your going the B+Q's/Homebase route you will want to double check their saw is in action and even then its not guaranteed as their saws seem to offline more than they are online recently. But dont think they facilate drilling. IF you have no joy and are really stuck send me a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Hrmmm, sounds a bit messy. Might just see if I can get a loan of a drill and a saw. :)

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭eggerb

p wrote: »
    Hrmmm, sounds a bit messy. Might just see if I can get a loan of a drill and a saw. :)

Cheers!

B&Q will do the cutting and maybe give the drilling a go yourself?

Advertisement