Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Wes Borland joins Marilyn Manson

• 17-08-2008 3:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭

Well hes a great guitarist, might add a little extra to Manson.
    Rumours he was going to join Korn a year ago which turned out to be false.

"Ex-Limp Bizkit guitarist Wes Borland has joined the lineup in Marilyn Manson's band, at least temporarily. The news was announced by Manson at a press conference before his appearance at the ETP Festival in Seoul, Korea. "We have a new guitar player that's gonna play for the first time tomorrow; it's the first time we'll play on stage [together]," Manson said. "His name is Wes Borland and he used to be in a really terrible band that he left because he felt that it was a destructive force in art, and he has his own band, Black Light Burns, but now he is in Marilyn Manson. We don't know how permanent that is, but starting tomorrow will be the first step."

From FMQB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

This pairing will be either fantastic or completely awful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

The guy knows how to riff, that's for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

It will definitely be interesting to see how this turns out. I didn't find Black Light Burns to be all that interesting but he definitely produced some excellent riffs during his time with Limp Bizkit.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

He was the only good thing about Limp Bizkit and im really looking forward to what he produces with Manson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Hopefully with him the quality of music in new MM will improve, the last album was just shockingly bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Drodan

Didn't last long with FFTL did he, ah well

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Is this for studio progression with Manson or just for touring right now?
    Seems like a strange move as I always thought more of Borland than that.
    Not that Manson is bad, Portrait, Children were good records. I can barely listen to Antichrist superstar anymore and that used to be one of my favourite albums.
    And the covers.... the terrible terrible covers. Maybe this will make Manson a little heavier again, but I fear it's too late. He is well on the road to becoming the next Alice Cooper already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

its only temporary, heres what he wrote on BLB'S myspace
    ......I've started playing guitar a little bit with another band, and before you hear about it, I wanted to make sure that you all know that BLB is going strong and will not be affected by my involvement with this other artist. You should all know by now that I like to get involved with several projects at the same time and when this one came up, it seemed really fun and I couldn't pass it up. I usually don't mention other projects I'm involved in, but this one is pretty high profile, so I thought I would mention it in order to try and stop any rumors before they start. You'll know what I'm talking about soon and it isn't LB. It is not LB.

oh and if you havent checked out black light burns, please do!
    i love them

Advertisement