Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wahing maching Stuck

• 17-08-2008 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Any help would be appreciated.
    My Zanussi washer dryer is stuck in a drain cycle. The pump got damabed by debris so i replaced it and now, when u turn the machine on it just keeps trying to drain. I have taken it apart, there are no blockages. If i manuall fill the machine, the pump drains it out, and still runs on and on till the machine eventually stops, and has to be restarted, then the same again. There is no error code appearing. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Wahing maching Stuck

By any chance are some of the keys on your keyboard also stuck?

On a side note, might it be a level sensor damaged or affected by initial debri?

I always try to second-guess the designer, so I imagine that it would seek a dry machine before starting a wash, so hence the immediate draining?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Andrea B. wrote: »
    By any chance are some of the keys on your keyboard also stuck?

Jesus Andrea, thats very unlike you to be pointing out peoples faults!

xdaeire, its more than likely the program card is faulty, (i have a close relative who works for hotpoint and who helped out when our washer went on the fritz!)

Zanussi is now owned by electrolux, so just look up the golden pages for your nearest service engineer or via the shop you bought the washer from.

The engineer will give you a quote over the phone before any work is carried out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

xdaeire, its more than likely the program card is faulty

Why?

Did he not indicate that there was an initial problem that physically damaged drain pump? Would it not be methodical to first of all look for other components that might have been affected by these debri?
    Jesus Andrea, thats very unlike you to be pointing out peoples faults!

I hope the OP took it as tongue in cheek as was meant. If not apologies to the OP.

I presume you joined in here with your "change the program card" and highlighted my comments because of a previous thread where you mis-informed a poster and retaliated in an amazingly childish manner when your information was politely corrected by me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

THere should be a small hose to the lower part of the drum going up to a level sensor. If this pipe is clogged it will think that the drum is full of water.

you need to look for a circular sensor about the diameter of a pint glass with a hose and some wires attached.

Check that the pipe is not blocked. :D

Advertisement