Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tongue Web

Options
  • 17-08-2008 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

considering getting it done but i have a few questions:

1. is it as painless as everyone says?

2. what are the chances of rejection? similar to that of a smilie which generally grows out by itself?

3. any problems with speech similar to that of a regular tongue piercing?

4. any problems with eating? if so how long does it take to be sorted out?

any info or advice would be really appreciated!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

1. Never had it done, but it's only the webbing of your tongue. I suspect a slight pinch then it's all gravy.

2. Depends on your anatomy, if you have quite a lot of webbing chances are good that it will heal.

3. Again don't have it done, have mates who have and they were fine after getting used to it.

4. Soft food, the less chewing the better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

probably one of the least painful piercings ive had,it didnt affect anything once it was done i forgot all about it,its a really handy piercing,mine is growing out a bit at the minute though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭pe-cze

well id say it might be similar to smile that i have.
    One of my friend had tongue web, so i asked him, specially for ya ;)

1. its not painless ;) nothing is. its like piercing the lip.
    2. depends on u, but there is a high risk of rejection
    3. no problems, it might be a bit sore for few days, but thats it
    4. eat soft foods, nothin very hot. id say a week or so and ecerything will be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Cherryvega

^^ It's nothing like a lip piercing, for one you're not piercing through layers of tissue, it's a tiny piece of skin - you barely feel the pinch :) it's more the discomfort of having to keep your tongue touching the roof of your mouth.
    One of the most agreeable piercings I've had!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

except for the crunchy nut cornflakes with warm water ;)

• Advertisement

Ha! I'd conveniently forgotten about that :P
    Yea that was some of the most revolting smelling warm cereal I've had.
    But my thunge was thore!! :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

you seemed to be enjoying it though.

that's the bit that's unforgivable.

I wasn't on the booze!

I found comfort in the bottom of a bowl of boiled cornflakes. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Cherryvega wrote: »
    boiled cornflakes. :P

WTF?:eek::confused:

she was hungry, there was cereal, but she wasnt allowed milk. she boiled some water (why, i dont know), and used it instead of milk with her cornflakes.

then spent about a halfhour or so eating it. eeeeeugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

she was hungry, there was cereal, but she wasnt allowed milk. she boiled some water (why, i dont know), and used it instead of milk with her cornflakes.

then spent about a halfhour or so eating it. eeeeeugh.

Boiled it so to make sure any bacteria in the water was gone... common safety procedure :p

Boiled it so to make sure any bacteria in the water was gone... common safety procedure :p

Yea yea yea that's exactly my reasoning for doing it Damo!! I was being overly cautious, yea that sounds credible :D

Much better than trying to justify my preference of boiled water over room temp water on crunchy nuts! :P

lolz...

think ill be up your way at some point while im back home, cherry, gotta get in touch then, methinks :)

Hells yea! :D
    I've a secret stash of crunchy nuts just for you ;)

We should get Sassie and Bounty down to dublin too!

im having a 'welcome back' party of sorts on the 28th... i think sassy'll be down, but getting a 1am bus back..you should come too...

come... come....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭NukeD4

Mine didnt hurt whatsoever,slight pinching and discomfort but it could not be described as pain.
    Couldnt really say about rejection as mine is less than 6 months old but a friend of mines grew out after a year and a half or so,
    I ate normally after,no problem at all, only when opening your mouth very wide like yawning it can be uncomfortble,
    i unfortunately went drinkin that night,and was sick the next day,but i couldnt really say weather it was the new piercing or the copious amounts of rum.
    best 'o luck

im having a 'welcome back' party of sorts on the 28th... i think sassy'll be down, but getting a 1am bus back..you should come too...

come... come....

i wills! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 albino-pond-wee

1. is it as painless as everyone says?
    More or less yeah, I just felt a slight pinch, the only annoying thing was trying to keep your tongue sticking out, but it's not too bad.

2. what are the chances of rejection? similar to that of a smilie which generally grows out by itself?
    I have herad that they are high, but I have mine done since January now and there are no signs of rejection yet so that's fairly cool.

3. any problems with speech similar to that of a regular tongue piercing?
    Nope, I thought there might be a slight lisp like some get but I could talk normally right after it, which suited me, lol. I have never heard of anyone having it affect their speach.

4. any problems with eating? if so how long does it take to be sorted out?
    Apart from the foods that you aren't allowed to eat there are no real problems. It is just a bit hard at the start because it's a bit swollen so it makes things a bit hard, but unlike my lip piercings where it was a bit hard to eat, it is fairly easy.

By far my best piercing yet

Advertisement