Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Quick Questions!

Options
  • 17-08-2008 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭

Ok, starting in UCD in September, living in Roebuck *hopefully*

Just wondering...is it possible to have other people stay over in your room? For example, if my boyfriend was to come up and visit, would he be allowed to stay with me? :rolleyes:

Also, on the UCD website, under the various modules, where it lists the times that lectures and tutorials etc. for that particular module are on, what does "Offering 1" or "Offering 2" mean? Are these just different times that the same lecture is on?

Thanks for any help! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

Also, on the UCD website, under the various modules, where it lists the times that lectures and tutorials etc. for that particular module are on, what does "Offering 1" or "Offering 2" mean? Are these just different times that the same lecture is on?
    Yes. But, depending on your course you may only be able to select one of them (due to timetable conflicts & also some courses are restricted to one time slot to keep programmes together, as far as I know).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Right, and if "Offering 1" is listed twice, what does that mean?

Example:
    Lectures Semester 1 Offering 1 Mon: 14:00-14:50 (Sem1: All Weeks)
    Lectures Semester 1 Offering 1 Wed: 16:00-16:50 (Sem1: All Weeks)

Does that mean I've got to attend that lecture twice in the week?

That means there are two lectures a week in the module, i.e. you should attend both because they will cover different material carrying on from the one previous.

Ah yes, I think I get it now. Thanks :D

You're welcome. Any other questions just throw 'em up ;)

• Advertisement

Ok, thought of another one! Sorry! :P

When I'm registering in a week or so, do I register only my semester one modules or the semester two ones aswell? And elective wise, I know it's 10 credits so does that mean I choose a 5 credit one for semester 1 and a 5 credit one for semester 2 or can I choose both for semester one/both for semester two?

You register for both semesters at the same time. There is a change of mind window in November when you can change modules if you want for semester two.

As for the electives, you can have both in the same semester as long as you don't have more than 40 credits in a single semester.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Just wondering...is it possible to have other people stay over in your room? For example, if my boyfriend was to come up and visit, would he be allowed to stay with me?
    What they don't know won't hurt them. People often sleep on the couches in the living room too. It's all down to your room mates and how you get along though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Key-Connors

wit regards to electives is there a list of subject you can choose from anywhere?

Search here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ok, starting in UCD in September, living in Roebuck *hopefully*

Just wondering...is it possible to have other people stay over in your room? For example, if my boyfriend was to come up and visit, would he be allowed to stay with me? :rolleyes:

Technically no, they not supposed to. But as before, what they dont know wont hurt them. You can keep it away from roomates aswell, but it is much handier if you get along, cos then they dont care if some radom lad/girl appears out in the hallway.

Regards the offerings, mostly for lectures you'l only get 1 offfering(may vary depending on course/subject), but various choices for tutorials. With that you just choose one and attend at he given times. UCD_Econ explains everything brilliantly here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Just about the accommodation. I understand that you get a key for your bedroom but do you get a key for the apartment too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

For the residences with a keycard, it works for the other doors too.
    For others I presume you get a separate key for the outer doors too. How else would you get in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Seifer wrote: »
    For the residences with a keycard, it works for the other doors too.
    For others I presume you get a separate key for the outer doors too. How else would you get in?
    Good point. ;)
    Thanks for the info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

In Belgrove we got 3 keys - One of rht building, one for the apartment, one for our door.

Advertisement