Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

horse with no passport

Options
  • 17-08-2008 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

Sorted, thanks! :)

Comments

You don't need a passport for moving an unregistered horse within the country, I don't think. Could be wrong though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

http://www.horsepassportagency.ie/

I'd check for microchip in case its been nicked, do you know the vendor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭skink

You don't need a passport for moving an unregistered horse within the country, I don't think. Could be wrong though.

nope your wrong, any equidae being moved in the country must have a passport, also once your sure its not nicked, you will be ok just bring it home, and get a vet out to do a marking form amd ,icrochip it and apply for your passport.they won't do anything to you if you have just bought it, and they probably won't chase up the old owners either, i know of a few people who still have no passports for their animals, that said, they are mostly just old pets for mowing the lawn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭MDFM

kerrysgold wrote: »
    What happens if you buy a horse with no passport?
    Can you just get it a passport straight away or will that get the previous owners in trouble? likewise if they get a passport before moving it will they get in trouble for not getting one before? thanks in advance for any advice.

all equidae should have passports under EU Legislation since 2005. You should request/demand the current owner get a passport for the animal before you buy it, you should not move the animal without a passport.

Advertisement