Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Congrats to the Waterford Hurlers!

• 17-08-2008 5:07pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well I have to say that was one hell of a match. Nail biting with tension and we managed to go away with a nice score to head into the finals with Kilkenny!!

Up The Deise!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 paddy1mac

Absolutely fantastic
    after all the negatitivity in the town over the last few weeks this is just what we need to give us all a lift........what a night in town its going to be ........lets hope our friends dont ruin it for everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Fecking awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Amazing. With any luck the town will be electric tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

Great Win Guys.... the Black n gingers will be getting worried now...theyre dreading getting bet by us !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Was there a game on today? (Well done. heck, I may watch the final)

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Brilliant win, bring on the cats!

Can you imagine the hype and slagging thats going to build up in the next few weeks.

Cant wait:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

mike65 wrote: »
    Was there a game on today?

Are you serious?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

dlofnep wrote: »
    Are you serious?

Just Mike being Mike :p

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Bring on the final! North Waterford wont know what hit em! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Those Kilkenny players should be playing for Waterford anyways. They take our jobs, the least we can do is take their hurlers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭irish fighter

lets not get a head of our self the cats are the best team at the moment and have shown it
    the best draw for kilkenny was waterford i think they are saying the same thing about getting waterford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Just back ome from the game. So happy right now, the years of heartache and frustration make it all the sweeter. Fair play to all the players, management and not forgetting the two McCarthy's Gerald and Justin who helped us get where we are now.

One huge game on September 7th, but right now, lets enjoy being in an All Ireland final. Fantastic feeling, there's no where on Earth I would have rathered been today then in the Lower Cusack, in the rain, shouting myself hoarse.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Agreed. There all talking on TV about it being all down to Davey, but listening to Radio 1 the presenters think that it was Justin McCarthy that set the groumd work and Davey took over and did a good job.

I think, the players just lost confidence in Justin and refused to listen to him but Davey doesnt seem to take ****e and has made the players pull their socks up and by god did they do an excellent job on the pitch today. Fair play to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Not originally from Waterford... but have to say it was the result I was looking for...
    Congrats to the Waterford team... great to see another team in the final than the usual couple...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

As a Kerryman with a lot of friends in Waterford I have to say I'm thrilled for them - if ever a team deserved its day in the sun it's Waterford.

Here's hoping for a cracking final.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Lucy Locket

OH my god I'm soooo sooo delighted, go to every match from miserable January all the way through, and I have to say, I was so heart broken last year, that I wasn't feeling the same this year about it, but I still went to the matches, I stick behind my guys through thick and thin, but this has made every tear worth it!!:D

COME ON THE DEISE!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Good match, am sidelined as to who to go for in the final! Dam being for "north waterford" as someone said earlier, i got tickets to yaaaay!

Did ye see thing for the waterford hurlers in sallypark? what the betting someone will dress that in a kilkenny jersey haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

Very proud moment for the team & County as a whole, well done lads. Hip hip, hooray!

Seriously need to get tickets for this final, it has been a long time coming.

Well done to the team for getting us there.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Truck

Legends!

All the way now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

They dont have it so easy in the next match , KK going for 3 in a row aint going to hand it away to easily. Still though going to be some match, whatever the result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Twas great to see the town buzzin last night. They played Never Forget as the last song in Rubys and I was thinking first when I heard it...ffs....but the chorus bits had the hair on the back of my neck standing up! All the jersies and the hands in the air...even Ken McGrath was getting in on the action.

Something special could be happening this year lads...the one year where there were no expectations...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

I think I'm just about over the stress of watching the match, it was too stressful to enjoy until the final whistle.

Good day yesterday, first Galway minors (my home county) are through to the final and then Waterford for the senior match.

Twas great to see the town buzzin last night. They played Never Forget as the last song in Rubys and I was thinking first when I heard it...ffs....but the chorus bits had the hair on the back of my neck standing up! All the jersies and the hands in the air...even Ken McGrath was getting in on the action.

Something special could be happening this year lads...the one year where there were no expectations...

I hope he was on the dry :D (Only Joking)!! I have no doubt Ken was of course.

Great reading in Davy Fitz's column in today's Star all about the game yesterday. Time to knuckle back down with the training etc. in preparation for the big final, as he says himself. Well worth the read.

Here's to Waterford being All Ireland Senior Hurling Champions again after 45 years! Neeeeevvvvvver forget.....

Well done lads once again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Lucy Locket

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7831qFMt-4

the excitment after the match....Come on the Deise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Baby4 wrote: »

Why is it ridiculous? The GAA is an amateur organisation, people up and down the country give up their own time every week to play, coach, and help out with the running of their club in many different ways. The All Ireland finals are a chance to give these people a day out. The finals do not 'belong' to the competing teams, but to the organisation as a whole.

There are definitely ways that the ticket distribution can be made better, but taking away from clubs allocations is not the way to do it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7831qFMt-4

the excitment after the match....Come on the Deise

Brilliant video, thanks for the link;) Had to laugh when they carried Fitzy around:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

KevIRL wrote: »
    Why is it ridiculous? The GAA is an amateur organisation, people up and down the country give up their own time every week to play, coach, and help out with the running of their club in many different ways. The All Ireland finals are a chance to give these people a day out. The finals do not 'belong' to the competing teams, but to the organisation as a whole.

why should clubs in places like sligo or cavan with no interest in hurling get tickets when people here actually WANT to go to the match to follow their team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

why should clubs in places like sligo or cavan with no interest in hurling get tickets when people here actually WANT to go to the match to follow their team.

Because the others know there is more than one match a year ...

Advertisement