Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medicine Graduate Entry

• 17-08-2008 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone knows the answer to my question.

I'd love to apply for the graduate entry to medicine course, but I'm not too sure if I meet the level of qualification that they want. It says on the college websites that the minimum requirement is a 2:1 honours degree. Now, I have a 2:2, but I also have a postgraduate diploma. Since my highest qualification is at level 9, rather than the level 8 that they want, does anybody know if I'd be eligible to apply? I've sent off some emails to ask this but I haven't gotten any replies yet.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

Hi Adastra,

I've been looking into the GEM courses a bit lately.
    And the entry requirements seem to be a 2.1 in an honours degree and then your offered based on ranking through your gamsat scores.
    I havn't come across anthing yet that mentions anything about getting in based on level 9 qualifications sorry.
    Your best option would be to email the head of the graduate course at the prospective college.
    I had to email the guy in UCC a few weeks ago and I found him fairly prompt in replying.

Best of luck though and let us know if it works out for you(I hope it does!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

adastra wrote: »

I'd love to apply for the graduate entry to medicine course, but I'm not too sure if I meet the level of qualification that they want. It says on the college websites that the minimum requirement is a 2:1 honours degree. Now, I have a 2:2, but I also have a postgraduate diploma. Since my highest qualification is at level 9, rather than the level 8 that they want, does anybody know if I'd be eligible to apply? I've sent off some emails to ask this but I haven't gotten any replies yet.

I believe that for any course, the stipulation is that the award of your primary degree is what counts, not subsequent awards.

Disclaimer: I know nothing of the medical entry requirements, I am speaking in general academic terms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55 ✭✭ultimatehero

Hey ad, I know its an old post but I got into medicine with a 2.2 degree via the mature route as I wasnt eligible for graduate entry, dont know if your still applying but sure drop a PM if you ever want any help!

adastra wrote: »

Advertisement