Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mountain Boarding. UK Boarder looking for Irish Riders.

Options
  • 17-08-2008 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hey Boards.ie!

I have just moved to Dublin to start a new job. I'm looking to get back into downhill and free riding mountain boarding. I have been boarding for a while but haven't been on my board in over a year, as I have been living in London. Before then I was competing at most the national events, but really enjoy ripping up virgin single tracks.

It seems like there must be some great single tracks around Dublins mountains. I will be willing to travel, but don't have a car at the moment. I'm also a qualified UK ATBA instructor, so if anyone wants to give it a go I can give people pointers.

Are the currently any boarders out there??

Check my Flickr For my Riding Photos.

Cheers
    Ben

1032513866_cc6008b036.jpg?v=0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Hey Ben,

Welcome over man,hope ya enjoy it here.

Been a year or so since i'v been boarding so not sure what the scene is like at the moment,i'v lost a bit of interest due to lack of hilly area around me.Facilities specifically for ATB isn't amazing in Ireland compared to the UK unfortunately. Majority of it is happening with Surfin' Dirt up in the Mourne Mountains in Co. Down,guy called Gary Parr runs it.google it,think you might be in luck too as he might be running a comp this weekend or next.

Places close to you might be the Wicklow mountains (you said you were working in Dublin is it?) with some downhill gravel walking tracks by the Hellfire club.You'de need to arrange yourself a meet up with a few people though,don't think there is a specific club down here.

Hope thats a help and let us know if you find some good places,might get back into if its handy to get too.

Good luck

Advertisement