Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Puncture repair - worth it?

Options
  • 17-08-2008 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

My almost new Conti has a screw in it, and a puncture. I never got a puncture repaired before, I would just go out and get a new tyre(s). Are the puncture repairs reliable usually and where would you's recommend to get the job done. Kwik fit seem to have an iffy reputation.

Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I think they should be able to manage a puncture repair. I presume its in the tread area rather than the sidewall.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

i've had my tyres plugged a few times and the repairs have always lasted. I usually get my tyres replaced or plugged using Fast Fit

• Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Ive always had any punctures repaired. Never had a problem in my life. They wont repair side wall damage its not in their interest to end up in court!!

Get it repaired, no need to be throwing money away unless your expecting to do some rallying or high speed pursuit driving :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

kbannon wrote: »
    I think they should be able to manage a puncture repair. I presume its in the tread area rather than the sidewall.

It sure is.

Nothing worse than hearing that hiss at 10pm on a lousy evening. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    I never got a puncture repaired before, I would just go out and get a new tyre(s).
    Why not go the whole way and just get a new car?;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

listermint wrote: »
    They wont repair side wall damage its not in their interest to end up in court!!

It certainly would be very bad practice for obvious reasons but apparently, it's also illegal to attempt a repair on the sidewall of a tyre nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭maidhc

Anan1 wrote: »
    Why not go the whole way and just get a new car?;)

Our neighbour justified buying a new car once on the basis "it needed new tyres anyway" :)

Advertisement