Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

arrrrgggh, am i being unreasonable

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Is it me or is that behaviour ridiculously forward and bordering on rude and was i right to be annoyed by it???
    He sounds like a feckin' weirdo to be brutally honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭vodkadub

hiliarious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

there you have a professional mooch. It only gets worse from there. You did the best and brightest thing you could have done. well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

I think he behaved like a swine although I still can't fathom why you're even sharing breathing space with him, you're not friends, you're not even scoring him so I don't see why you'd put up with it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭St Bill

Whether the OP was a good host or not is beside the point, she was not happy with her ex poking about her kitchen and asking for food. It's her house, so her rules. The worst thing about it is that he got mad at her for daring to voice her opinion in her own home. He needs a slap (and not in a good way :p)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

I'll be honest and say i would be annoyed at someone i hardly knew going threw presses, photos, letters, shopping list-anything like that. If it was one of my close friends it wouldn't bother me at all. If someone came into my home i'd generally always ask if i could get anything for them, if i didn't have something in i'd suggest phoning in a pizza etc. If for some reason i didn't ask i don't see why someone wouldn't just say i'm hungry-any food? It seems a bit of an invasion of privacy for someone to just jump into my presses unless i said make yourself at home. I would also be very annoyed at someone calling over uninvited also!

Definitely does sound like he's just out to leech what he can get. If someone wanted to sleep on my couch i would expect them to either ask me before they came over or get a taxi home. Many is a time i've offered my couch to people but i don't think anyone other than close friends has asked to sleep on it when they're already there. Its very irrespsonsible of the guy to drink too much if he's supposed to be driving.

I guess i can be a bit picky as to how people behave in my own home, but i'm the same when i'm in others houses. I wouldn't have people over to my home unless i knew them well enough generally though.

I think pretty much everybody agrees you're well rid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭david_the_great

There is a lot more to the story than the above, which for reasons of briefness i will not go into.

this man is completely detached from reality and the above is another example. looking thru peoples presses when you dont really know them isnt acceptable behaviour, neither is demanding food, whether i should have provided it or not.

Its not just about this episode, its so much more, but this was the final straw for me.

ok if anyone is detached from reality- is you love-

how often do you get hungry everyday- is this not "real" now if someojne wasn't accomadating in the sense that they might feed your hunger then i would totally reconsider ever going around- not having the food is fair enough, bbut rnting about the fact that he asked for it

"they do say the way to a mans heart is through his stomcah"

secondly the whole "he invited himself round" well then mayb you should grow a backbone and say no if you have a problem with it- tell him your tired or something-

if he didnt wnt to come round you's be complaining he didnt like you- and if you were in his and hungry what would you do?? starve- if so you have issues

like what next??

"how dare he drink my wine i offered"

"how dare he speak to me"

"how dare he breathe?"

and i disagree with everyone who agrees with you!

but more than anything said- i do agree that people should accomadate guests- offer them food- etc etc

oh yeah and then to slander his taste- do you not find THIS rude??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

ok if anyone is detached from reality- is you love-

how often do you get hungry everyday- is this not "real" now if someojne wasn't accomadating in the sense that they might feed your hunger then i would totally reconsider ever going around- not having the food is fair enough, bbut rnting about the fact that he asked for it

"they do say the way to a mans heart is through his stomcah"

secondly the whole "he invited himself round" well then mayb you should grow a backbone and say no if you have a problem with it- tell him your tired or something-

if he didnt wnt to come round you's be complaining he didnt like you- and if you were in his and hungry what would you do?? starve- if so you have issues

like what next??

"how dare he drink my wine i offered"

"how dare he speak to me"

"how dare he breathe?"

and i disagree with everyone who agrees with you!

but more than anything said- i do agree that people should accomadate guests- offer them food- etc etc

oh yeah and then to slander his taste- do you not find THIS rude??

I have no doubt you are purporting an interesting opinion but i confess to not understanding a word of your post.... to me it makes no sense...perhaps you yourself have partaken in the drinking of the wine before its composition???

And for the last freakin time i DIDNT invite him around!!!!

I have no doubt you are purporting an interesting opinion but i confess to not understanding a word of your post.... to me it makes no sense...perhaps you yourself have partaken in the drinking of the wine before its composition???

And for the last freakin time i DIDNT invite him around!!!!

its no wonder straight men call women nags- i didnt say you invited him round- i said why dont you "grow a backbone and say no!" as in when he said i am coming round- or just turned up if you had a problem you should have said you cant come in or round- its no like you had a problem sayin anything else

i dont drink wine without cheese and my bf has run out:(:( so therefore i am not drunk hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Karen_*

Is this the guy with the hairy back? Even more reason to get rid of him so!!!:D

• Advertisement

its no wonder straight men call women nags- i didnt say you invited him round- i said why dont you "grow a backbone and say no!" as in when he said i am coming round- or just turned up if you had a problem you should have said you cant come in or round- its no like you had a problem sayin anything else

i dont drink wine without cheese and my bf has run out:(:( so therefore i am not drunk hahaha

Good for you, im delighted.

Check the kitchen press tho, Jamie Oliver and his band of merry Gordon Ramseys and Darina allens might just jump out and rustle you up something from magic ingredients.... they left me down badly on friday night last tho, think they got pissed off after yer man turned up for the meal i cooked for him an hour late having already eaten and left 3/4s of it after him a few weeks ago. they decide he wasnt worth the effort after that...LOL

He's not Patrick Bergin the film star is he? Or my ex?

Good for you, im delighted.

Check the kitchen press tho, Jamie Oliver and his band of merry Gordon Ramseys and Darina allens might just jump out and rustle you up something from magic ingredients.... they left me down badly on friday night last tho, think they got pissed off after yer man turned up for the meal i cooked for him an hour late having already eaten and left 3/4s of it after him a few weeks ago. they decide he wasnt worth the effort after that...LOL
    ok i just seen that and i do agree with that part

lol
    :rolleyes:

Karen_* wrote: »
    Is this the guy with the hairy back? Even more reason to get rid of him so!!!:D

Nope; fear eile!! I need to get my man sensors serviced, seriously!!

Actually comparatively, Mr Hairy back was a much nicer individual; If I had to pick id choose him, i really would!!! Now what does that say about Mr Cheese and wine!!!

Dunno if he's your ex, unless your ex is from Co Galway????

Ah he's not but he has a hairy back, is 40 and carrys on like the guy in sleeping with the enemy so I thought it was the same person. :D

Hope you didn't throw out hair backs number?:eek:

No; i did dodge a date with him last sunday night tho, using a feeble excuse....ridiculously feeble in fact....

He was just getting too...well... frisky....and i knew what his intentions were coming into town to meet me....methinks it was not because he wished for the pleasure of my company.....ANYWAY, i still don't think he's for me, i guess sooner or later i'll have to have the 'im just not into you conversation'

Jaysus, im hoping a guy will come along soon who just sweeps me off my feet...its been SOOOOOOOooo long!!!

missing the passion:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

Are presses cabinets? Anyway, the guy sounds like a putz. Ignore everyone who says you were inhospitable. Your only mistake was being a bit of a pushover, but we've all been there. You're certainly right to stop seeing him. Live and learn, time for the next one.

PillyPen wrote: »
    Are presses cabinets? Anyway, the guy sounds like a putz. Ignore everyone who says you were inhospitable. Your only mistake was being a bit of a pushover, but we've all been there. You're certainly right to stop seeing him. Live and learn, time for the next one.

a press is irish slang for cupboard or cabinet...i dunno why, but thats what we call 'em!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

Ah, thanks! I started on boards basically to pick up Irish slang so I can understand everyone when I get there. It hasn't disappointed!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Comes from old english I seem to remember. Like using the word shore instead of drain, though that one is dying out a bit.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

vodkadub wrote: »
    hiliarious

seconded. I roffled.

"Good Cheese". I would have smeared laughing cow all over his face or told him to go lick his ****.

Sorry, but he sounds like a clear mix of Victor Meldrew with an edge of Stephen Fry minus the intelligence.

No; i did dodge a date with him last sunday night tho, using a feeble excuse....ridiculously feeble in fact....

He was just getting too...well... frisky....and i knew what his intentions were coming into town to meet me....methinks it was not because he wished for the pleasure of my company.....ANYWAY, i still don't think he's for me, i guess sooner or later i'll have to have the 'im just not into you conversation'

Jaysus, im hoping a guy will come along soon who just sweeps me off my feet...its been SOOOOOOOooo long!!!

missing the passion:(

At least your in Galway!
    Half my social options are a no go because I don't want to fall back in the clutches of my ex.
    And I'm related to most of the frequenters of the other half.

I need off the island.

bug wrote: »
    seconded. I roffled.

"Good Cheese". I would have smeared laughing cow all over his face or told him to go lick his ****.

Sorry, but he sounds like a clear mix of Victor Meldrew with an edge of Stephen Fry minus the intelligence.

With the subtlety and poise of Baldrick!!! LOL!!!

Moonbaby, when you say island pray tell where???or was that just a figure of speech!!!

The island of Ireland.

ahhh i see!!

time to broaden the gene pool a bit is it???!!

Tis sameold sameold in galway as well, i used to think it was just me having gone off the boil lookswise, age or whatever, but now im actually convinced that there are no decent single men in galway, or at least not where i frequent anyways!!!

ZOMG! Galway is hot totty central, and it is decent totty too. From salt of the earth farming backgrounds.

Nay lass, talent has muchos disimproved.... and they aint half as good looking when you know what gob****es they are!!!

Nay lass, talent has muchos disimproved.... and they aint half as good looking when you know what gob****es they are!!!

See emigrating to somewhere you don't speak the lingo is definitely the best option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭hattie-f

well
    hes a bit cheeky aint he

• Advertisement

Moonbaby wrote: »
    See emigrating to somewhere you don't speak the lingo is definitely the best option.

Perhaps...... im just gonna have to go to Norway and hunt me down a fit norwegian...... lovely men the norwegians.... in my experience....LOL:D

O and the charming Galway bogger thing loses its charm after a bit....it really does!!

Advertisement