Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did i do?

• 17-08-2008 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭

Well i downloaded a foxconn utility called "FOX ONE" for my mobo and i upgraded the bus speep from 1.33 mhz to just under 160mhz i now have just under 4000mhz as apposed to 3300mhz,did i overclock it or what?
    Im not to sure what i did
    Thanks all

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Edit:After i did this i opened a pc friendly game(only requires like 512mb ram and 1.5ghz processor i think)it loaded and opened then i got a BSOD i quickly reset my procesor back to 133mhz

FTR its a pentium D 3.33ghz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

First oFF read a overclocking guide and use the bios , you will need to up voltage and find out what your ram and cpu can do before just throwing them up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

awhir wrote: »
    First oFF read a overclocking guide and use the bios , you will need to up voltage and find out what your ram and cpu can do before just throwing them up.

second off, this may not be the place to post this question, the thread one branch above this is for these questions. this thread is only for geeks and ninjas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

moving thread into the parent forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

What you did was overclock without upping the voltage and got a failed overclock. As Awhir said, forget about software overclocking, overclocking is best done from the bios (if your board allows). You also need proper cooling, overclocking (upping voltages) creates heat which must be got rid of. Most peeps who overclock build a pc themselves with overclocking in mind (i'm saying this loosely as some Dells overclock), they pick good overclocking parts, faster ram to give them headroom, big cases with good airflow, good cpu coolers or watercooling kits and sufficient power supplies. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I think its time to do an overclocking guide !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Sorry about posting this is the wrong place and thanks for the replies!I'd like to read an overclocking guide that would probably help me quiet alot :pac:

Advertisement