Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripwave to wireless router

Options
  • 17-08-2008 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hey guys i'm just wondering is it possible to connect Irish broadband ripwave broadband in a box thing to a wireless router? So that like laptops can use the connection? It says it connects to an ethernet port on a pc so I'd assume you can? I'm not sure! Any help would be great thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,239 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Riveta wrote: »
    Hey guys i'm just wondering is it possible to connect Irish broadband ripwave broadband in a box thing to a wireless router? So that like laptops can use the connection? It says it connects to an ethernet port on a pc so I'd assume you can? I'm not sure! Any help would be great thanks!

Yes, just plug the ethernet connection from the Ripwave box into any router, preferably one described as just being a broadband router, i.e. not integrated ADSL modem or the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Riveta

Excellent! Good stuff. Thank you sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Riveta

one more thing, would it be possible to install the whole thing using just a laptop?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,239 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Riveta wrote: »
    one more thing, would it be possible to install the whole thing using just a laptop?

They all use web based interfaces, so anything that runs a web browser will do.

Advertisement