Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vintage Classic Rifle Association of Ireland.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Sikamick

Who the heck is this

guesswhoqj9.th.jpgthpix.gif

hermanngoeringwheredidhog5.th.jpgthpix.gif

Sikamick

thegangdv9.th.jpg

Great to see people from other clubs/disciplines coming together for the Mid-Lands Classic competition.

Michael O'Connor
    Secretary to The Vintage Classic Rifle Association of Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 mannlicher

Sikamick wrote: »

If you PM me your e-mail address and I will forward you full details.

Michael O'Connor

I am very interested in the new Association. I was priveleged to compete at the recent Classic Rifle Shoot at the MNSCI. Wonderful stuff. I'll pm you for details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭PJ Hunter

Yep I was at the classic rifle shoot at the MNSCI. Paid up member not a bit expensive on the pocket. what recession:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Any scores kept from the last shoot actually? Wouldn't mind seeing how I finished up after re-entering.

• Advertisement

VCRAI will be holding their Christmas Shoot at the Mid-Lands Range on November 16th, all welcome.

Details will be posted on the Web Site Link: http://groups.google.com/group/vcrai?hl=en and on boards competition thread.

VCRAI is open to new members , PM me or go to the website for info for application forms, cost and what you get for your fee, all info is available on the website.

Michael O'Connor

1028alu3.th.jpgthpix.gif

Can any one help with identifying this sight.

Sikamick

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Looks like a German pre war 4power.Any chance of a close up of the writing on it?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

Can you tell me. What markings are on it.

Letters/numbers etc

Any other info about the item would help alot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jollygreenslugg

Congrats on the establishment of your new group. Here in Australia the situation is similar in the target clubs, and there are plenty of people who make it needlessly complicated.

As a Lee-Enfield fan, I wish you all the best in your endeavours, and I'll be dropping in to visit & see how you're getting on.

Cheers,
    Matt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Red Renard

Congrats on the establishment of your new group. Here in Australia the situation is similar in the target clubs, and there are plenty of people who make it needlessly complicated.

As a Lee-Enfield fan, I wish you all the best in your endeavours, and I'll be dropping in to visit & see how you're getting on.

Cheers,
    Matt

Drop in any time the VCRAI will give you a good Irish Welcome You can shoot the Enfield out to 600 yards or more. Any more U Tube Lee-Enfield Videos underway. The secretary of the VCRAI is a regular poster on this forum and the VCRAI's website. Thanks for the support I think we need it at the moment, the shooting sports here at present are getting a fair old beating by the Anti shooting sports lobby who appear to want only
    the criminals left in possession of illegal firearms.

Cheers,
    Matt

céad míle fáilte jollygreenslug

You would be more than welcome to come to our Classic Rifle Shoots, there is a fabulous full bore range that we use in the Mid-Lands, Tullamore, Ireland.

I will send you the link for the Vintage Classic Rifle Association of Ireland and the Mid Lands Range/National Rifle Association Ireland.

Again thank you for your support.

Michael O'Connor
    Secretary to The Vintage Classic Rifle Association of Ireland
    aka Sikamick

céad míle fáilte jollygreenslug

You would be more than welcome to come to our Classic Rifle Shoots, there is a fabulous full bore range that we use in the Mid-Lands, Tullamore, Ireland.

I will send you the link for the Vintage Classic Rifle Association of Ireland and the Mid Lands Range/National Rifle Association Ireland.

Again thank you for your support.

Michael O'Connor
    Secretary to The Vintage Classic Rifle Association of Ireland
    aka Sikamick

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?t=63893

Just to confirm. You are the one in the same jollygreenslugg the genuine
    article. cheers.

G'day fellas,

Yep, I'm the JGS with the dodgey videos. I've just updated my Youtube page to give you guys a plug.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Jollygreenslugg

Mind you, I haven't uploaded a video in 12 months but I plan on fixing that soon.

Any requests.

Cheers,
    Matt

Jollygreenslugg I would be obliged if you could have a look at our web site and make some comments, here is the link:http://groups.google.com/group/vcrai?hl=en.

Also could you comment here on the new Lee Enfields being produced by Australian International Arms.

Sikamick

G'day Sikamick,

I've just checked out your site and am awaiting moderator approval. It's good to see you all getting together to promote and encourage the sport.

As to the AIA rifles, I haven't yet had the chance to shoot one. I've had a good look over the No4 Mk4, and it is a good solid weapon. The action is smooth and I've noticed that they've used the best ideas for practicality in the rifle. A bit rich for my blood, but a very nice weapon in affordable calibres.

Cheers,
    Matt

G'day Sikamick,

I've just checked out your site and am awaiting moderator approval. It's good to see you all getting together to promote and encourage the sport.

As to the AIA rifles, I haven't yet had the chance to shoot one. I've had a good look over the No4 Mk4, and it is a good solid weapon. The action is smooth and I've noticed that they've used the best ideas for practicality in the rifle. A bit rich for my blood, but a very nice weapon in affordable calibres.

Cheers,
    Matt

http://www.aihpa.com/Events/2008/State - NSW State Titles/NSW State.htm

Have you taken part in the NSW State Titles. If you have how does the .303 Lee Enfield compete at 300 yards against the likes of the mauser k98 and the swedish mauser 6.5x55.

G'day Red,

I've never competed at that level. Living halfway between Melbourne and Sydney in a small country town, I don't get down to the city all that often.

I'll find out about the .303 against the K98 and Swede for you.

I have a K98 and it is a nice shooter. Louder than a Lee-Enfield, but almost as fun!

Cheers,
    Matt

G'day Red,

I've never competed at that level. Living halfway between Melbourne and Sydney in a small country town, I don't get down to the city all that often.

I'll find out about the .303 against the K98 and Swede for you.

I have a K98 and it is a nice shooter. Louder than a Lee-Enfield, but almost as fun!

Cheers,
    Matt

Hello Jollygreenslugg, I don't know whether you have had a chance to see my query on gun boards re the Lee Enfield Enforcer, the Australian made version whats your opinion on it.

By the way do you hunt with your Lee Enfield .303.

Sikamick

paperclip.gif VCRAI
    Lee Green

I see you have been busy sikamick & Lee Green, spreading the word.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Kryten

I found hive of information last night.

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/philqgbr/enfields.html#5

Kryten wrote: »

honey pot to be sure Kryten, pure amber nectar:pac:

Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it. P.J O'Rourke!

Kryten it's good to see you back, plenty of good info on that Link.

Have you had a look at Gun Boards Lee Enfields/VCRAI thread very knowledgeable people on there.

Sikamick

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Kryten

Yes, Well impressed! A forum dedicated to Lee Enfields. I have been looking up the Longbridge No.4 MK1*, Since these are the ones we are coming across at the moment. Very interesting history and such variability in the features of these rifles depending on year of manufacture. 2 groove rifling, three groove rifling and the more common 5 groove.
    Looking forward to getting my own soon.

Yes, Well impressed! A forum dedicated to Lee Enfields. I have been looking up the Longbridge No.4 MK1*, Since these are the ones we are coming across at the moment. Very interesting history and such variability in the features of these rifles depending on year of manufacture. 2 groove rifling, three groove rifling and the more common 5 groove.
    Looking forward to getting my own soon.

Any news on your own. 5,3,2? Enjoy!

Jollygreenslugg I would be obliged if you could have a look at our web site and make some comments, here is the link:http://groups.google.com/group/vcrai?hl=en.

Also could you comment here on the new Lee Enfields being produced by Australian International Arms.

Sikamick

Had a look at the website sikamick, who is jollygreenslug?

Happy new year lads. Lets hope its a good one:D

Happy New Year to one and all.

Looking forward to a VCRAI Shoot before the end of the Month.

Sikamick

Happy New Year to one and all.

Looking forward to a VCRAI Shoot before the end of the Month.

Sikamick

Have you ever fired the sharps 45/70 sikamick. Shiloh Sharp Rifles can be fired with cartridges using black or smokeless power. http://www.shilohrifle.com/choosing.html

1874 CREEDMOOR TARGET RIFLE
    $2743 Shotgun Buttstock ONLY
    Extra Fancy Wood
    No Cheek Rest
    Pistol Grip
    Single Trigger ONLY
    AA Finish
    Polished Barrel
    Polished Screws: fire blued or black
    32” standard octagon barrel
    Pewter Tip
    No Sights Included