Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek owns Star Wars

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Irishtrekkie

STAR TREK < STAR WARS

11 Movies < 6 Movies
    726 episodes < 25 episodes (clone wars)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

STAR TREK < STAR WARS

11 Movies < 6 Movies
    726 episodes < 25 episodes (clone wars)

Did you mix up Less than and Greater than or do you think Star Wars is better?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Cato2605

Agreed Star Trek is far superior to Star Wars
    TNG Rules!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Flame war!!! flame war!!! oh my god people its a flame war!!! its on

the video is definitive proof that federation technology far outmatches star wars gobbeldigook

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

THEIR HITTING US WITH 40 GIGJILLION HYPER WATTS !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

the video is definitive proof that federation technology far outmatches star wars gobbeldigook

are you getting your statement mixed up? Star Trek is the one that sprouts utter ****e for it's tech. whats the piont? Star wars has the right idea with not trying to give the viewers B.S. excuses. plus it's sooooooo cooler, (and star trek itself IS cool!)

No, you're wrong, star wars sucks, even moreso since George Lucas raped it

i don't now...i'd take a lightsaber over a phaser any day. uber chick magnet;)

i don't now...i'd take a lightsaber over a phaser any day. uber chick magnet;)

lol, you could bag a princess leia, with buns

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Hold on.......

Tell me again how Star Trek Owned Star Wars judging by this vid?

Wow they took down a star destroyer that suddenly then turns into a Dreadnought after they shoot the bridge. :rolleyes:

The Enterprise in my opinion got its ass handed to it met its match and p*ssied out by fleeing. So tell me again how did Star Trek own Star Wars in this vid???:D

BTW I like both Trek and Wars

That was the enterprise vs a whole fleet, of course they fled, but they kicked ass, otherwise the death star wouldn't have entered the fray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

That was the enterprise vs a whole fleet, of course they fled, but they kicked ass, otherwise the death star wouldn't have entered the fray.

Yes I know it was 1 versus many but again I ask how did Star Trek own Star Wars. If I walked up to a group of guys fight them take a few hidings but take down one of them and run, Have I owned the group or just one of them :D

And wasn't the death star already there since that was the first thing that came on view screen at the start of the film :D:D:D

Normally it just floats in space, not doing much. The Enterprise took out two ships as far I remember, didn't it and it pretty much blasted the tie fighters. Now imagine a whole fleet of federation ships, they would totally own anything from star wars.

Normally it just floats in space, not doing much. The Enterprise took out two ships as far I remember, didn't it and it pretty much blasted the tie fighters. Now imagine a whole fleet of federation ships, they would totally own anything from star wars.

yea fed ships have better tech, but could'nt hope to beat a SD or the DS in a firefight.the Ent. is what, 700m long? the basic SD is 1.6km long! the DS is 120km in diameter (?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Death Star > Star Trek fags.

/thread

yea fed ships have better tech, but could'nt hope to beat a SD or the DS in a firefight.the Ent. is what, 700m long? the basic SD is 1.6km long! the DS is 120km in diameter (?)

ah but strategy and superior numbers would give the federation an advantage. For example their superior tech would allow them in a group to take out a SD/DS.

It would be somewhat comparable to the Russian/German tank battles in WW2. The Russians won due to overwhelming numbers. Some slight differences, the Panzer tanks were much better equiped but they still lost out.

Given that Star Fleet can build thousands of ships within a year they would totally defeat the Empire.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Lord of the Rings fo' life.

Fo' real! :pac:

ah but strategy and superior numbers would give the federation an advantage. For example their superior tech would allow them in a group to take out a SD/DS.

It would be somewhat comparable to the Russian/German tank battles in WW2. The Russians won due to overwhelming numbers. Some slight differences, the Panzer tanks were much better equiped but they still lost out.

Given that Star Fleet can build thousands of ships within a year they would totally defeat the Empire.

intoresting, where do you get the notion that the fed's would have superior numbers? seeing as the Empire has a hugley superior territory with entire planets devoted to ship building, they would have far superior numbers.

yea, i know this is a silly discussion, but its still fun:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

This thread has a stupid title.

Star Trek wins by virtue of being raped over a longer period of time than Star Wars, hence less noticable. Star Wars was raped too quickly, i say.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

[QUOTE=nyarlothothep;57894992It would be somewhat comparable to the Russian/German tank battles in WW2. The Russians won due to overwhelming numbers. Some slight differences, the Panzer tanks were much better equiped but they still lost out.

Given that Star Fleet can build thousands of ships within a year they would totally defeat the Empire.[/QUOTE]T34 was the probably the best tank in the world at the start of the war, but it was a medium tank, the 85mm and larger turret later in the war made it a classic. And there were 40,000 of them.

Later German tanks copied many Russian features but the Tigers were much heavier tanks and so in a different class.

A fairer comparison would be the KV-1 / KV-2

http://wio.ru/tank/ww2tank.htm#t2
    On 23-24 June 1941 a single KV-2 of 2nd tank division conducted an armored road block in southern Lithuania (near Rassaynjay town), holding up the German advance. The Germans found themself in a trouble when they lost whole supply truck collumn. Numerious attacks including a battery of 50mm anti-tank guns (which were destroyed at 500m distance), Flak 88 (the Soviets allowed to mount this gun at 700m distance and then killed it) and an engineer unit attack all failed to silence the Russian tank. Artillery fire of 105mm howitzers achieved a hit to the track and the KV was partially immobilised. This heavy tank at the only road and surrounding swamps made German troops supply (with ammo, fuel and food) and wounded soldiers evacuation impossible. The Germans were forced to use such trick: 50(!) tanks immitated an attack, so it became possible to set another 88mm flak, which managed to eliminate the tank after two days it held up the advance of the entire 6th Panzer Division.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KV-1
    On August 14, the German 8th Panzer Division's vanguard ventured directly into the well-prepared Soviet ambush, with Kolobanov's tank knocking out the lead German tank with its first shot. The Germans falsely assumed that their lead tank had hit an anti-tank mine, and failed to realize that they had been ambushed. The German column stopped, giving Kolobanov the opportunity to destroy the second tank. Only then did the Germans realize they were under attack, but they failed to find the source of the shots. While the German tanks were firing blindly, Kolobanov knocked out the trailing German tank, thus boxing in the entire column.

Although the Germans correctly guessed the direction of fire, they could only spot Lieutenant Kolobanov's tank, and now attempted to engage an unseen enemy. German tanks moving off the road bogged down in the surrounding soft ground, becoming easy targets. 22 German tanks and 2 towed artillery pieces fell victim to Kolobanov's No. 864 before it ran out of ammunition. Kolobanov ordered in another KV-1, and 21 more German tanks were destroyed before the half-hour battle ended. A total of 43 German tanks were destroyed by just five Soviet KV-1s (two more remained in reserve).

After the battle, the crew of No. 864 counted a total of 135 hits on their tank, none of which had penetrated the KV-1's armour.
    If the empire can produce more than one 120Km Death Star with a volume at least 1,000,000 times that of a SD they could produce a few more ships.

voyager is NCC-74656 and most of the older ships would have been scrapped / destroyed by borg / dominion / romulians / klingons so placing the upper limit of active ships to a fraction of 74,000

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Will I realise the discussion is mostly in jest please keep it civil.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Edit: Never mind, found the guy I was looking for.

Have a look for Michael Wittman, a German tank commander - similar amazing stuff to Capt'n's post above

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Edit: Never mind, found the guy I was looking for.

Have a look for Michael Wittman, a German tank commander - similar amazing stuff to Capt'n's post above
    Skilled use of the stone walls on a parallel road, but he wasn't facing IS-2's ;)

Advertisement