Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Texting a UK number in Ireland from the UK

• 17-08-2008 9:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭

IM just wondering, if a person is on o2 in the uk, and can text any o2 uk number for free, if i had an o2 uk sim in ireland will that work??? I cant find anything about texting Ireland on the o2 uk website

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

texts to O2 Ireland numbers wouldn't be included, as it's treat as a seperate network to O2 UK. However, I'm assuming you mean if you have an O2 UK SIM in Ireland it may work. However, sometimes these offers don't include texts sent to someone who is roaming (which you would be, if you have an O2 UK SIM in Ireland).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Cheers for the reply, i actually found out today that if my mate has a meteor sim on the UK & NI roaming tarriff i can call & text for free. Works for me.

Advertisement