Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fireworks?

Options
  • 17-08-2008 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭

Holy crap.

Anyone know whats going on around the southside?
    Some concert on somewhere?

Sounds like an invasion.:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

No its an invation alright,

Theres little green men everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Yeah its been going on for a while now, I can hear and see them from my house. Looks like its coming from the Marlay Park area?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Think its thunder. SCary ****. Ive never heard fireworkds that loud. I thought it was teh Redz

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Boards.ie is great. I was wondering what that was alright. I was almost packing my emergency bag and checking my torches for the invasion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

can confirm its not marlay, from where i am its too far back from it and to the right og marlay , someone rich further up the hills flouting the laws and having a birthday or some such maybe :mad: but looked cool all the same :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Well whatever it was it lit up the sky and sounded like explosions outside my house. Walkinstown. Everyone was out on the street. And to make it worse they sky looks really weird. For a second I thought Tom Cruise waS gonna run by stealing kids and passing them off as his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

My sis was up in marlay park earlier and they had the stage and amusements set up there so i say it was in marlay,is the lovebox not going on there next week? maybe a pre celebration

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

rejkin wrote: »
    My sis was up in marlay park earlier and they had the stage and amusements set up there so i say it was in marlay,is the lovebox not going on there next week? maybe a pre celebration

no that was a hell of a lot of fireworks to be using on a trial run

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Heard a few bangs earlier alrite, thaught it was thunder, musta been the fireworks :D

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭who's yer one?

Orchestral Manoueveres in the Dark

http://www.dlrevents.ie/family.htm#orchestra%20%20

family fun and shenanegans abound. i avoided the park all weekend because of the danger of clowns, but i think the fireworks are part of this shindig (there were too many of em for some randomers' birthday do)

x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Thanks for clearing this up! Live down on the grange road and could just make out flashes and a funk load of bangs from the horizon. Might be testing for the Kravitz (unlikely) or Metallica (very likely) gigs this week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Was wondering what this was last night!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Yep it was marley - had a great view of them from my house...

When's Metallica on?

Advertisement