Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport Spotters

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

The Ryanair 180 incident on Dublin's runway 28.

http://www.liveatc.net/listen.php

At 10:00 and then 20:00.

EDIT: Won't let me link directly. On the left in the blue box click ATC Audio Archive. Then EIDW and 21.30Z. Interesting listening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

donvito99 wrote: »
    The Ryanair 180 incident on Dublin's runway 28.

http://www.liveatc.net/listen.php

At 10:00 and then 20:00.

EDIT: Won't let me link directly. On the left in the blue box click ATC Audio Archive. Then EIDW and 21.30Z. Interesting listening.

http://archive-server.liveatc.net/eidw/EIDW2-Feb-15-2013-2130Z.mp3

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭dukedalton

So the Ryanair aircraft made a 180 after landing? Anyone hear what was the reason they gave for doing this? I know they were asked and gave an answer, but I couldn't make out what they said?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Bsal

dukedalton wrote: »
    So the Ryanair aircraft made a 180 after landing? Anyone hear what was the reason they gave for doing this? I know they were asked and gave an answer, but I couldn't make out what they said?

They said they had to brake hard, sounds like there was a slight tailwind on approach for 28 they must have landed a bit long too.

• Advertisement

Bsal wrote: »
    They said they had to brake hard, sounds like there was a slight tailwind on approach for 28 they must have landed a bit long too.

Yet they didn't take the last exit, which is strange, unless there was an a/c there, but that would have been using 28 too.

The concern is namely the fact that they made an unannounced 180.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭dukedalton

Bsal wrote: »

I listened back to it a couple more times. During the first exchange atc asked if they braked hard, to which they replied yes. Tge crew were asked agsin a couple of minutes later; it's hard to make out what they're saying but I think I heard the word 'apologies' in there. Could it be they simply didn't know where they were going, reached the end of the runway and turned around?

I thought it was funny, the pilot of the Aer Lingus just about to land, when told to go around because the Ryanair did a 180 on the runway, the first word of his reply was 'marvellous'

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

donvito99 wrote: »
    ....The concern is namely the fact that they made an unannounced 180.
    Listening to the playback.....the controller had to query whether they had made a 180.....

...I assume the FR crew thought they had to make a 180 to make their exit,why else would they do a 180 without instruction......so this crew then caused the 2 following aircraft to go around.......

Obviously go-arounds aren't a big deal but this is a procedural cock-up no doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Suasdaguna1

For a controller to use the phrase "screwed everything" is fairly sporty language. He obviously was raging at what happened and rightly so. This controller I have dealt with on many occasions and is a cool operator......FR won't hear the last of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭LeftBase

For a controller to use the phrase "screwed everything" is fairly sporty language. He obviously was raging at what happened and rightly so. This controller I have dealt with on many occasions and is a cool operator......FR won't hear the last of this.

Nice how the Monaech incident didnt make the chip wrapper yet this one did.....little bit of motive there

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

LeftBase wrote: »
    Nice how the Monaech incident didnt make the chip wrapper yet this one did.....little bit of motive there
    I have to agree here.....the Monarch incident was equally worrying.....but of course it is the "Irish Mail on Sunday"

P.S. I am not an FR fan, but do feel the Daily Mail would not have made a big hoo-ha if it had o been another airline. Just saying.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

Ryanair are now reaping what they have sowed!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Suasdaguna1

LeftBase wrote: »

Another prickly reply jumping on the FR I'm holier than thou bandwagon. I didn't read the monarch incident. It doesn't matter what airline it was but a serious cock up was made by the crew doing a 180 on a busy runway. Did the capt have no awareness that there were aircraft behind him/her and that runway vacation is a priority. Did the capt not read the preamble in the airport charts re runway vacation procedures? It like the rugby was appalling stuff.

Boo hooing that the steak knifes are yet again out for FR is tosh. The finger is pointed solely at the capt and wtf s/he was at....period .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭LeftBase

Another prickly reply jumping on the FR I'm holier than thou bandwagon. I didn't read the monarch incident. It doesn't matter what airline it was but a serious cock up was made by the crew doing a 180 on a busy runway. Did the capt have no awareness that there were aircraft behind him/her and that runway vacation is a priority. Did the capt not read the preamble in the airport charts re runway vacation procedures? It like the rugby was appalling stuff.

Boo hooing that the steak knifes are yet again out for FR is tosh. The finger is pointed solely at the capt and wtf s/he was at....period .

All I'm saying is that a Monarch aircraft taxied out on to 16 causing a Ryanair aircraft to make a high speed RTO, yet it didn't make the papers like this one did. The monarch incident was a lot more serious.

And if it was like the rugby and ROG was flying it would have landed across the runway...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Kenny2012

A6-EGU B777 Emirates
    A7-AEH A330 Qatar Airways
    C-GWLL CL604 Execaire
    D-IKJS C525A MSR Flug Charter
    VQ-BSP FA7X Shell Aviation

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Kenny2012 wrote: »
    A6-EGU B777 Emirates
    A7-AEH A330 Qatar Airways
    C-GWLL CL604 Execaire
    D-IKJS C525A MSR Flug Charter
    VQ-BSP FA7X Shell Aviation

Interesting visitor. Paintjob?

Hi yeah in for painting I believe.

C-GWLL CL604 Execaire
    D-IPCC C525A+ MACH Airlines
    EI-EZS A320 Vueling Airlines
    OO-SSP A319 Brussels Airlines

A6-EGX B777 Emirates
    EI-EZS A320 Vueling this aircraft is actually EI-EZF painted in error.
    EI-STD B737 Air Contractors parked on Pier B
    G-KALS CL300 London Executive Aviation
    OE-IBZ B737 TNT ex TF-TNM

Pictures

A6-EGX http://flic.kr/p/dYhDXs

A6-EGT B777 Emirates
    CS-DMY Be400 NetJets Europe
    D-AISZ A321 Lufthansa
    EI-EZF A320 Vueling
    F-GLYD F900EX Dassault Aviation c/n 263
    LN-DYN B737 Norwegian
    M-TSRI Be90 Timpson Ltd
    SU-BPZ B737 AMC Aviation

Pictures
    LN-DYN http://flic.kr/p/dYwUhC
    LN-DYN http://flic.kr/p/dYrbNg
    M-TSRI http://flic.kr/p/dYwSFu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭SEKMG

Did any one spot the bi-plane that departed Dublin around one o'clock yesterday? It headed southwest so I assume it was going to Weston or just a tour over Dublin.

Also, not long after, do not know if it was an illusion but I thought I saw an 737 in Boeing colour. Not sure since I saw it at a distance and the cloud layer was low, anyone that can correct me on this one?

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dercu

The bi-plane was the Iolar. And the Boeing colours was more then lightly Ryanair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

SEKMG wrote: »
    I thought I saw an 737 in Boeing colour. Not sure since I saw it at a distance and the cloud layer was low, anyone that can correct me on this one?

Probably this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭SEKMG

RadioRetro wrote: »

Probably this one.

I had a feeling it would be Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭arbour

Has anyone any info on why EI flight to Boston returned to Dublin just before it entered its transatlantic crossing.
    Its back in the air now so presume medical??

arbour wrote: »
    Has anyone any info on why EI flight to Boston returned to Dublin just before it entered its transatlantic crossing.
    Its back in the air now so presume medical??

Presume it was a medical, resumed 2 hours after landing I think.

The runway was occupied for 5 mins I believe, so it may well have been something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭N7777G

SEKMG wrote: »
    Did any one spot the bi-plane that departed Dublin around one o'clock yesterday? It headed southwest so I assume it was going to Weston or just a tour over Dublin.

Also, not long after, do not know if it was an illusion but I thought I saw an 737 in Boeing colour. Not sure since I saw it at a distance and the cloud layer was low, anyone that can correct me on this one?

Thank you.

The biplane was EI-ABI DH.84 Dragon of the Aer Lingus Charitable Foundation - out on its first flight of 2013 I believe.

The 737 in Boeing colours was EI-DCL of Ryanair and it's been a fair while since it was last operating from Dublin
    3664275525_cd50aeaa63.jpg
    EI-DCL B737-8AS Ryanair by eigjb, on Flickr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

The Aer Lingus 330 had an Engine issue!

http://avherald.com/h?article=45e803ee&opt=0

102001 GLF4 Swedish Air Force
    D-CZZZ C560 DC Aviation
    G-FDZT B737 Thomson Airways
    N74GG GLF4 DWM Logistics
    N80DX LJ60 SSC Enterprises
    N486QS GLF4 NetJets
    T-783 DA50 Swiss Air Force

Picture
    102001 http://flic.kr/p/dZmUvu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

As there is no Shannon Spotters thread.......

Rumor of a 4 engine corporate airliner landing there on the 18th for fuel. If anyone gets photos, will you please let me know.

Thanks

smurfjed

Advertisement