Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport Spotters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,717 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Think its being passed on to Hi Fly so that may explain no livery yet

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭stopthepanic

M-YRGQ.Well that's what it came in as but may be re-registered before it leaves. Ex-gulf air A9C-LF and owned by Squadron Leasing V111 Ltd.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Hearing that EK will start start a new route to DUB in the new year. Nice to see an EK A330 in DUB.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭David086

lord lucan wrote: »
    Hearing that EK will start start a new route to DUB in the new year. Nice to see an EK A330 in DUB.:)

Where's she going to? :D

David086 wrote: »
    Where's she going to? :D

DXB.:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Nice to see another airline with only a one stop over route to Auz :)

Nice to see another airline with only a one stop over route to Auz :)

Etihad to Brisbane still requires another stop, after Dubai, in Singapore. Still 2 stops but 3 flight legs of about even duration.

Etihad to Brisbane still requires another stop, after Dubai, in Singapore. Still 2 stops but 3 flight legs of about even duration.

We are talking about Emirates here which fly to Dubai. Eithad fly to Abu Dhabi.

But anyway I know someone who went to Sydney not long ago and flew Eithad from Dublin to Abu Dhabi and onto Sydney. :confused:

We are talking about Emirates here which fly to Dubai. Eithad fly to Abu Dhabi.

But anyway I know someone who went to Sydney not long ago and flew Eithad from Dublin to Abu Dhabi and onto Sydney. :confused:

I'm well aware we are talking about Emirates but the post that I quoted (yours I believe) stated...'another airline with only a one stop over route to Auz.' and I only mentioned Brisbane because I do not know about Etihads other routes to Oz (which may or may not also include stopovers)

Don't be so quick to dismiss peoples posts without reading them properly.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I heard Jan 11th with a 2 class A330!

• Advertisement

(yours I believe)

Was hardly God's now was it ?

Don't be so quick to dismiss peoples posts without reading them properly.

Yes Sir.....three bags full sir.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,717 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Have herld that its Jan 10th 2012 with 5 weekly A330.

Looked like an AA 767 at Pier B a little earlier. Assuming a medical diversion.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭N7777G

Looked like an AA 767 at Pier B a little earlier. Assuming a medical diversion.

AAL110 diverted in with a medical emergency @ 10am (aircraft was N348AN)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

N7777G wrote: »

Was this moved down to the ramp beside the stored A340? Noticed an AA 767 parked there on my way home from work.

N7777G wrote: »

Was this moved down to the ramp beside the stored A340? Noticed an AA 767 parked there on my way home from work.

I'd say that was her alright. She's currently back on stand at pier b. She's listed on the flight info screens as a departure to Rome.

I'd say that was her alright. She's currently back on stand at pier b. She's listed on the flight info screens as a departure to Rome.

It was towed to the west apron for overnight parking.
    I'd imagine the crew ran out of hours as a result of the diversion.
    AAL110 operates from Chicago O'Hare to Rome Fiumicino.

A couple of interesting 737s today

ex Norwegian 737 departed in Viva Aerobus colours after painting:-
    http://flic.kr/p/aizyER

The AirExplore 737 brought in fans for the match between Ireland & Slovakia:-
    http://flic.kr/p/aizyGt

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

An Air France 747 just flew over my house into Runway 28. Diversion? Didn't think jumbos flew into Dublin.

Conchir wrote: »
    An Air France 747 just flew over my house into Runway 28. Diversion? Didn't think jumbos flew into Dublin.

Probably the Cargo service that operates weekly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Jocry

Yeah that was the weekly cargo 747 alright, took off again around 13:00... Its nice to see that we have at least one still coming in to DUB...

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

It's weekly? I don't doubt you, I've just never seen it flying in before. Is it usually very early morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭westdub

It usually arrives between 10 and 12 ......

Dublin29-01-11042.jpg

some weeks its replaced by a 777

Dublin12-02-11277.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Would tonight be a good time to do done spotting as the winds are strong?

adamski8 wrote: »
    Would tonight be a good time to do done spotting as the winds are strong?

A good time to see some interesting landings I'd say anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

exactly what i want :)
    would the landings or take off be more exciting? i was thinking the take off you at the west end would be good to see the planes swaying as the go overhead

adamski8 wrote: »
    exactly what i want :)
    would the landings or take off be more exciting? i was thinking the take off you at the west end would be good to see the planes swaying as the go overhead

Once you take off your generally getting further away from the obstical...i.e, the ground:D

Its trying to keep everything straight and level for touchdown thats the challange..

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭SEKMG

Hi, my first post on this forum.

I recently moved to Dublin and ran into this forum for some spotting info for Dublin Airport, and I went there for the second time this Saturday, to catch the Air France 747, but got stuck there for the wind.
    ATC reported 24 Kts with gust to 37, had gust up to 48 a few times and it was something to see, planes are nose towards you during the approach, trying to balance on one gear at touch down. I was standing where the orange park sign is, for most of the time, and it is a farmland right there so it is open, and you could feel the wind in the back, almost knocked me over a few times.

I was rather surprised that it only was one go-around during my stay. Really shows how trained these guys are.

I am going back out there today as well, I found a new possition to stand on.

Hope to see you there soon.

Some gusts at DUB today! Some hairy looking approaches and the gusts seemed to be causing problems on the ramp. Both the 125 to ORD and 137 to BOS were delayed before i left due to gusts prohibiting the catering from being loaded using the scissors lift and resulting in trolleys being loaded via the airbridges!

Wind seemed worse on the east side(cargo side) of Pier E as they were loading catering on the pier B side of Pier E with seemingly no issues. Felt sorry for the ramp guys today in them conditions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Was out at there today from one to half two,pretty good viewing.Witnessed just one go-around ei320,he abandoned his approach about 6 miles out earliest go around i seen yet.He looked as if he lost a fair bit of altitude on the way in.

Cant seem to get dub on live atc working,its streaming but no sound anyone with the same problem?

Advertisement